Sunday, February 28, 2016

Less than optimal.

Finally got to see the wound care doc late last night and learned that the right foot is now gangrenous. Will be the subject of a conference of docs this morning and they will come up with a treatment plan. Fortunately my good friend Aaron was visiting when I got the news and we prayed, invoking Psalm 91. Will let you know what the plan is later on.

 Psalm 91New King James Version (NKJV)

91 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.


I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”

Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler[a]
And from the perilous pestilence.

He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.

You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.

Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.

Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;

11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12 In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.

13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.

15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”

25 comments:

Crustyrusty said...

Prayers continue, my friend.

Fidel said...

My favorite passage in the Bible....

prambo said...

The Lord is with you Mike, as are we.

In our thoughts daily, and are amazed at your strength and sangfroid. An inspiration to us all.

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

And you, my father, there on that sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Much peace and the love of our Lord to you, Rosie and your family.

Anonymous said...

I dont really have the fancy words to say, Mike. Your words however have made an impact throughout the country. You dogged determination and fierce resolve are a model for the rest of us and the show of strength even in the shadow of death is such a display of courage that i only hope the rest of us, myself included, can follow the example. God bless you and yours Mike.

JW

Longbow said...

We're praying for you, Mike.

Merle said...

I'm hoping for the best outcome for you.

Merle

Joe said...




Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved:
for thou art my praise.

Jer. 17:14

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, Mike.

Anonymous said...

Three words: hyperbaric oxygen therapy. It would work wonders on the liver, too.

-MM

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Mike. God bless you and keep you and Rosie close.

Anonymous said...

God bless you Mike! Praying for you Brother.

Shepherd Out!

Anonymous said...

It was my good fortune to meet you briefly at the rally not long ago in Salem, Oregon. I keep the card you gave me at that time as a reminder of that day.

Know that you have made a positive difference that few can claim in their lifetimes. Know that many, many others realize and appreciate this difference.

Keeping you in prayers.

JohninMd.(HELP?!??) said...

I pray the Lord will give you the strength to finish your tasks for Rose, and the history of the fight you have waged for the Liberty of this Nation. Your place in the company of our Patriot ancestors is assured, I believe. Find peace, my friend.

Anonymous said...

I will have mercy upon whom I will have mercy....

chris muir said...

Your flesh is weak, but your work is strong,i.e.,immortal.

Chiu ChunLing said...

You are and remain an inspiration and a witness to us all.

God bless you and us all in this fight.

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

May the Source of life who blessed our fathers and our mothers, also bless you, amd bring you a complete healing.

M said...

DREAD Mother of forgetfulness
Who, when Thy reign begins,
Wipest away the soul's distress
And memory of her sins.

The trusty Worm that diest not -
The steadfast Fire also,
By thy contrivance are forgot
In a completer woe.

Thine are the lidless eyes of night
That stare upon our tears,
Through certain hours which in our sight
Exceed a thousand years.

Thine is the thickness of the Dark
That presses in our pain,
As Thine the Dawn that bids us mark
Life's grinning face again.

And when thy tender mercies cease
And life unvexed is due,
Instant upon the false release
The Worm and Fire renew.

Wherefore we praise Thee in the deep,
And on our beds we pray
For Thy return, that Thou may'st keep
The Pains of Hell at bay !

(Kipling)



I (somewhat selfishly) hope that you are able to finish Absolved and tweak the noses of those that need it in the Northeast one more time, but offer sincerest thanks for what you have accomplished, and hope that, at least, it doesn't hurt too badly.

Rivenshield said...

The power of prayer is real. Though it is sometimes counterintuitive to think so.

I need to say so many prayers for my mother and my father and my country and myself I cannot earnestly honestly bend my knee and do them all. But I will pray for you, now.

Santos Design Solutions said...

Praying for you friend.

Anonymous said...

Forever in my thoughts and prayers ! Behind enemy lines ,Ct.

Anonymous said...

"Three words: hyperbaric oxygen therapy."

^^^THIS^^^

Best Wishes Mike. The power of mental imagery is a good thing too.

FSHB said...

Hyperbaric oxygen therapy saved my grandfathers foot which was black and had bones showing through the wound.

Unknown said...

I am sorry that the waterfall is drawing nearer. Swim harder, don't let the bastard win. You are way to young to leave us.

I know you get regular advice, but try it. Eat a Ketogenic diet, consume the hottest peppers you can find daily, and find a Dr. who can administer antineoplastons treatments. Alkalize your body.

1) Cancer cannot survive without sugar.
2) The snot like fibrin or exudate surrounding cancer cells can be liquefied by peppers, exposing the cancer to the body's immune system.
3) Antineoplastons kill cancer cells without killing normal cells
4) Cancer grows in an acid body. Add 1 teaspoon of good old Arm & Hammer Baking Soda to an 8 oz. glass of purified drinking water and you have an alkalizing tonic. Drink as much as you can to offset the Ketogeneic diet.

Anonymous said...

My favorite Psalm. God bless you Mike.