Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Smuggling Update.

Folks,
I received in yesterday's mail at the PO box a big box of first class, freedom fighter grade AR 30 rounders from Shawn in Arizona along with the following note:
Hi Mike,
I finally got my mags together for you. Sorry for the delay, but I've been shopping for quite a while for a good price. Most of the mags I sent are pretty new with little use, and all the black ones are brand new, and untested, but should be good as they are new. The colored mags are all in good used condition and 100% flawless in operation. I'm also sending a few of the new E-Mags along. I don't know how much need there is out there for them, but figured you might run across the need.
On a different note, I respect very much what you are doing here, and wish to convey my undying gratitude. I will keep shopping the sales as the time passes and may have the occasion to send more presents. . . while using U.S. Government mail service to facilitate the resistance of said government. . . OH, THE IRONY!! Again, thank you for all are doing and let me know (Email address redacted) if you need other mags too. I have G3 mags, M1A mags, LR 308 mags, and 6.5 Grendel AR mags. I would be glad to send a few on to you.
You are and will be in our prayers.
Shawn
[MV Note: Here is a description of the E-Mag. ("E" being for export.) Some folks find that their front taper makes them wobble over-much in USGI spec rifles. Others have no problem.]
I replied this morning:
-----Original Message-----
From: georgemason1776@aol.com
To: REDACTED
Sent: Tue, Mar 18, 2014 7:21 am
Subject: Magazine bonanza
Shawn,
Received your generous donation of 26 top-of-the-line freedom fighter grade AR magazines in the mail yesterday but didn't feel up to responding until this morning. I was floored. Just an outstanding effort! You are hereby awarded the order of Smuggler Logistician, First Class. I will so recognize you on the blog this morning. They will form the backbone of an attempt to smuggle a couple hundred magazines into Connecticut later in the spring. As for other mags, we can always use more freedom-fighter grade (have a sufficiency of politician grade at the moment) but I'd say you've done enough for now. M1A mags & 6.5 Grendel AR mags I know are particularly expensive and at the moment I have no requests for them. So take a breather and accept my humble thanks for a job well done.
Mike Vanderboegh
III

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good work, thanks to both of you.

CzarChasm said...

Awesome Shawn! And congrats on your Smuggler Logistician,First Class designation.

Crustyrusty said...

Outstanding.

Shawn McEwen said...

Thanks for the kind words folks. I had help here as some friends and I all pitched in, so the credit belongs to them as well.

Mike, without your efforts I wouldn't know where to apply mine, and would remain largely impotent in a world going mad. Glad I can help, and thanks for providing the opportunity to do so!!
~Shawn

bondmen said...

Congratulations to Shawn in Arizona for putting his money mags where his mind and mouth are - right on the freedom and liberty firing line with Mike Vanderboegh! Selfless sacrifice in the face of tyranny, history shows US, brings remarkable results.

Anonymous said...

Dutchman, would you mind posting what mags have been requested in CT? Thanks.