Saturday, February 7, 2015

"Once more into the breach. . ." Three o'clock in the morning in Puyallup Washington.

That's local time, but I'm still on Central so my body tells me it's five o'clock. Was up late war gaming this business for today with the organizers and there are still many uncertainties. Well, once more into the breach, dear friends. Once more into the breach. The enemy has spent a lot of effort convincing the credulous on social media that this could be a bloodbath but that's the typical psywar stuff they always do to split us up and dampen our numbers. It really is quite pathetic to those of us who have been down this road before but it does limit the participation of those who otherwise might show up. Of course, numbers are critical to discourage the enemy from getting froggy so it cuts our tactical and strategic possibilities -- as it was intended to. As a weapon, the whispered lie is cheap but effective.
Still, after the meeting last night (and early this morning if your body is still on Central time) I feel that the threats and the bluster are merely the usual "great and powerful" Wizard-of-Oz theatrics. They are the ones who are scared, not us. And it shows. The folks here have their stuff wired tight and I hope to be able to publicize what planning, tactics and messaging they are doing as a template for actions in other states.
Many people want us to fail tomorrow, oops, today, not the least of which (I hear from folks in a position to know) are our so-called "friends" in the "mainstream gun rights movement" in this state. Gottlieb, I am told, will be quite happy to see this fail and all of us -- particularly me -- end up in jail. The domestic enemies of the Constitution who hold power in the state capitol here have ceased their bloodthirsty posturing and believe they have a contingency plan to "contain" us. We might surprise them yet.
The thing to remember is that this is a long campaign and the whole point of armed civil disobedience is to provoke the enemy into doing soming stupid that reveals to all their willingness to violate any law in order to preserve power, thus making them delegitimize themselves. Whatever happens today, I think we will accomplish that
I have every confidence that I will make it back to Rosey on Monday night, but I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of those who made my presence here possible. It is an honor to represent you here, those of you who are unable for very real reasons to come yourselves. My speech is written, it is ready to post immediately after I give it. There will be plenty of cameras there so I'm sure we'll have lots of video to post on YouTube. After each each armed civil disobedience action such as this it becomes harder for the enemy media to ignore us. I am here because this may be the blow that cracks the national media cone of silence that has been crafted to contain our movement. We shall see. The more heavy-handed they act, the easier they make it for us to win.
This is something that the faint-of-heart who are looking for an excuse not to come apparently don't understand. The enemy does not dare give in to his darker impulses. The threats are hollow, the fearsomeness no more real than a Halloween mask on a five-year old. At base, the people whose petty tyrannies brought us to the doors of the House and Senate galleries in Olympia today are cowards. It is they who are truly scared of us, not the other way around. We shall see how it goes, but it is all in God's hands.
As for the weak-kneed afraid to come, well, I rather suspect that afterward they will be embarrassed by how little it took to prompt them to stay away. "Gentlemen in England now abed will think themselves accursed. . ." Or something like that.
Keep us in your prayers.
(NOTE: For those of you who will be available afterward, just catch up with me at the event and we'll do an after-action meet-and-greet somewhere. Also, I'm not flying out until Monday, so those of you who want to get together on Sunday can drop me an email and I'll try to make it happen. I continue to have, as I always do on these things, computer problems of one kind or another -- getting knocked off repeatedly, posts getting scrambled in the middle of being crafted, etc. I will try to overcome the monkeywrenching and give you a complete account later today of the entire event but don't hold me to it. Besides, like Jack Hawkins says in Bridge on the River Kwai, "There's always the unexpected, isn't there?" You know, like the other side really screwing up and arresting me. ;-) I'll be in touch with David Codrea as usual throughout the day, so you should be able to get updates from him at the War on Guns blog if you see nothing here.)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck today, I hope you get the numbers you need (at least 10 to 1) to deter the cops from acting stupid. I also hope and pray a "Jared Miller" doesn't show up to trigger a tragedy.

iwitness02 said...

The only thing I can think of to say is thank you.

Anonymous said...

Mike,
Thank you. You have already succeeded. They cannot stop the signal.

prambo said...

Go with God Dutchman and CY6.

The thoughts and prayers of many of us behind enemy lines in the Northeast are with you.

Anonymous said...

Mike "Brass Balls" Vanderboegh.

Praying for you, God bless

Anonymous said...


"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

--Mahatma Gandhi

God Bless and Godspeed my friend.

skybill said...

Go With God, Mike!
I have to go do battle with the "Walmartians" my self this morning. I'll be praying for you. Thx for your post, it gives me confidence that you are on the right path and have "all your ducks in a row!!" Meanwhile, back at the ranch, gotta' grab my coffee and go, so.....
Praise the Lord and,
Pass the Ammo!,
III%,
skybill-out

TdB said...

Say howdy to all the good folks in "Pull y'all up"

the Plinker said...

"Gentlemen in England now abed will think themselves accursed. . ." Or something like that."

"...accursed they were not here, and hold their manhood cheap, whilst any speaks who fought with us upon St. Crispin's Day."

Anonymous said...

Keeping an International eye on proceedings from far away.

Kiwi III