Friday, September 23, 2011

About to drop behind enemy lines.


"All right, all you sonsabitches, get your gear. Vanderboegh's coming to town."

Equipment check: Got my cane, my C-Pap machine, my medications and my laptop in the 101st Airborne pelican case my son gave me. The next reportage you'll get from me will be from Chicago later this afternoon or evening. Say a little prayer that I come through the TSA groping without flashbacks. Hope to see some of you at the Gun Rights Policy Conference.

Bail money can be contributed by clicking on the icon to the right. ;-)

Last minute observation: You know, the threat the Justice Department perceives from me is all out of proportion to the actuality. If I had a tattoo that reflected this truth it would not be "Death From Above." More like "Discomfort From Above."

-- Old fat man with a cane, signing off. See you on Drop Zone Chicago.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the CPAP - one of my coworkers got hers on a plane, but it took a lot of demonstrating the purpose and how it works to the airline security folks before she went through. I just said to hell with it, took a box of Breath Right strips and called it good.

Anonymous said...

I'll see you there Saturday, probably will not be able to make it tonight.

J said...

Remember to leave the ankle holster behind. And remember to eat the extra beans for the delight of any TSA perverts. They LUVS them some gut-bomb gas

Ashrak said...

Every Speaker should make a direct call to Sue Myerscough regarding the SAF suit she has in front of her. Constitutional Carry should be hollered load and proud at every turn.

I submit that she is waiting until after this weekend to release her spanking of Lisa and the Chicago Machine and a tremendous opportunity to make direct points about the Second Amendment should not be squandered.

Marking the abuses of the "regulatory" scheme, which are self evident in GunWalker, should be of the highest priority. I believe Sue Myerscough is going to do much the right thing, though may stay things to buy some more time for the ILGA, and I think the best chance to avoid a stay and get her to just do what must be done is right there for the making this weekend.

Good luck to you this weekend, Mike. I would love to be there, but the fact of the matter is I couldn't fill the tank to get there, much less stay there and fill the tank to come home.

Eric said...

Good luck Mike, you're deep behind enemy lines.

JoeFromSidney said...

Wish I could be there, but I'm part of the Ham Radio support team for a marathon run this weekend.

J. Croft said...

I'm sure they'll assign some TSA 'agents' who get turned on by old men... can't imagine WHERE they'd find some cretins but that agency seems to attract the crud even the ATF wouldn't hire.

Ed said...

"Discomfort from below" sounds more ominous.