Friday, May 27, 2011

More on Improvised Armored Cars of the Mexican Cartels.



"'Narco tank' is latest find in cartels' armored vehicles."

The "narco tank," reportedly a 2011 Ford F-Series Super Duty truck, was radically altered, with plates of armor and a gun turret. From the website PickupTrucks.com:

As you can see, it's a one-of-a-kind armored up-fit. The front bumper has a folding battering ram -- which we call the "man-ram" -- and sloping metal plates have been welded to almost every surface. The cargo box is fully enclosed with gun ports and a protected turret that can rotate to spot rival drug cartels or Mexican government troops.


Video:

6 comments:

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

So you did do an earlier post about improvised armored cars in Mexico? And not long ago, right? I was looking all over for it last night, and never did find it. Was that one of the lost May 12 posts, maybe?

Pat H. said...

I think the Bill 2 would take care of that vehicle quite nicely.


How the Bill 2 works

Dakota said...

"War on Drugs"??? War my aching ass ... the next time I hear some cop bragging about the "war on drugs" I am going to blow a gasket!!

My analysis of the war on drugs is as follows:
How far do I have to drive to pickup an 8 ball of Cocaine?

How far do I have to drive to buy a Cuban cigar?

War on drugs "my aching ass"!

Anonymous said...

That's a hydraulic jack on the front, not a battering ram. Although, I reckon it could be used as such. I don't know why they didn't put such jacks on the rear corners, as well. It sure makes getting out of loose sand a lot easier, or changing flat tires.

J. Croft said...

Nothing that can't be made North. I'd reinforce the suspension, upgrade the tires, and modify the engine to handle the additional weight and strain. Oh, and your gas mileage will go to shit.

You pay a price for everything.

Robert Fowler said...

One of those sure would make my job driving in traffic a lot better. I bet no one would pull out in front of me. Especially with a M2 mounted in that turret. Being a Super Duty, I bet it's a diesel.