Monday, June 13, 2016

The Grab and Go Pack

I have one of these for my Army Reserve kit.  I have another couple or more back in Alabama for my "civilian" kit that is of much better quality but not exactly set up according to military SOP.

Bottom line is that just like weapons, your gear should be set up by task.  Your urban "gray man" kit will probably be much different from your rural gear which will not have your supplementary items (waterops, rappelling gear, ghillie suit, additional commo, you name it).  This is why I am in favor of separate bags for separate missions.

I fully understand that not everyone will have the need or want to have everything seperate, but I fully endorse having one single container for your "Minuteman" gear.  I will not get into the particulars as to what you should carry.  The guy in the video has some points and quite frankly, there is no such thing as a one-size-fits all lift for what you personally will want.



5 comments:

Paraclete said...

I firmly agree with this post ...
Everyone should have "mission specific" bags,
as well as "kits". Personally, I prefer the
"Nam" web gear, with some modern pieces
added as needed. This gives greater scope and
a more reliable kit, tailored to specific needs
and or missions.

Anonymous said...

How do you figure that "Nam" gear is more reliable than the myriad of product which has been produced for the last 15 years?

Paraclete said...

I've found that molle straps can be unreliable ...
But it's a trade off... for secure positioning
of items with alice clips, (Nam gear),
one has the added weight of the clips.
As well as other minor draw backs.
But this is what works for me, you must figure
out what works best for you...There is no
perfect system for everyone, and every mission.
That's why I suggest to incorporate the
best of several systems together, in order to
bring about what works best for your mission.
To rely on just one system, limits your scope.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of using a non discript gym bag for all the kit. Excellent idea.

Paraclete said...

Agreed ...The voodoo tactical mojo load out bag is a nice one.
Although, it's not too discreet...it is impressive.
http://www.voodootactical.net/casearch.aspx?IsSubmit=true&SearchTerm=mojo&submit=