Monday, June 20, 2016

Sipsey Public Service Announcement





Through the comments section, I am sent a metric crap ton of links to stories.  Most of them with little or nothing to do with the story that they are commenting on.  Some of them are utter tripe.  Some are fantastic but not on point for the post.  Being the fairly educated white boy that I am, I deduce this is to get my attention to a particular tidbit of news that would be interesting to the general audience.


That is absolutely awesome and thank you so much that you have taken ownership of your participation in bettering the community to want to have it shared with the audience.  Before, they were simply deleted out of hand, but I am finding that there is a lot of great information but I cannot publish it as it will derail the real comments and it is frankly not germane to the post.


Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately because it prevents tampering with the comments), I cannot click on the link to check out the story that is contained in the comment.  I can only check mark the comment and either delete it or approve it to be published.  What this is causing me to do is go and manually look up the story.  Sometimes it is easy, sometimes no so much.


What I would ask you to do is send the link to the following email address:  sipsey street irregulars AT gmail dot com.  I will be able to check it out from the email and make a better assessment where it needs to go.  I know for some, you may not want to submit the comments as anything other than anonymous and do not want an email address, even a fake, to be linked to the comment. The reasons are not important to me, the content and bettering the community is what is important.  If you do not want to go through making an anonymous email, let me know and I can set up a proton mail account you can dump it into.  Just let me know in the comments if that is better.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make that brief note about sending links to sipsey street irregulars AT gmail dot com a sticky on the side bar.....

Just a suggestion.

Oregon Hobo said...

Do you have control over how long comments stay open for a particular blog post?

If so, you could simply leave comments open indefinitely for this post and stick a link to it in the sidebar pointing people here to submit their random links.

#OREGON HOBO#

Anonymous said...

LIBERAL NIGHTMARE: Just One Week After Orlando Massacre, Online Gun Store Sells 30,000 AR-15s

And people are buying at this high rate because they are afraid of the U.S. government and Barack Obama, not because they fear terrorists. Most are buying in fear that the rifle will be attacked by our own government and banned or further restricted and placed outside the regular citizen’s ability to own.

http://makeamericagreattoday.com/liberal-nightmare-just-one-week-orlando-massacre-online-gun-store-sells-30000-ar-15s/

Dutchman6 said...

Anon at 11:33

Cool story. This is exactly what I am talking about.

Dutchman6 said...

Anon at 10:46,

Thanks for thinking about it. It is there under contacts, but I will admit that it is buried under a lot of stuff. I just dont have the heart to change much on the sidebar right now but I will have to do something to make it less busy and more user friendly. I will eventually absorb the georgemason account for continuity. Lots of history on that account.