Lynch seems to think that the No Fly List could be adpated to prevent gun purchases
Just as it says. AG Lynch is trying to adapt the No-Fly list to red flag anyone trying to purchase a finrearm. This is all feel good and easy enough to apply until you take a small step back as to what it actually means to get on the No Fly list
Here is a refresher as to some things that can put you on the No Fly List:
8 ways you can end up on the no-fly list
1. Being suspected to have been involved at some point in time of terrorist activates. Whatever that means, because no one seems to know.
2. Travel to other countries. Given the prism that this State Department views certain countries as either "good" or "bad", I can see how this is pretty arbitrary. Moreover, not one State Dept. bureaucrat was held responsible for letting these people back in. I'd like to have that conversation with Loretta.
3. Complaints from SJW's on social media. No really, that's it.
4. Have a name that sounds the same as someone on the No Fly List. Which is in no way arbitrary or against the rule of law.
5. When the alphabet agencies call you out, you don't play ball. As in, if you don't snitch, you don't fly. Or own a gun apparently.
6. Because Bureaucracy. Typing errors can get you on the list. Try defending yourself to the machine that you, Mr. John Q. Smith from Anytown USA is not Mohammed Salafist .
7. Bench warrants, too many parking tickets, whatever.
8. Again, Social Media. Tweeting your displeasure in the Hillary/Bernie 2016 ticket can catch the eye of Mordor and keep you from flying.
See how this is a really bad idea?
If they try to do this, the discovery portion of the lawsuits filed will be fascinating. I think they should go for it. Some judge, some where will stay the implementation and let the games begin. This could be an enormous mistake for gun control advocates. I wonder if any federal officials will go to prison for conspiracy?
Robin, Robin... federal officials don't go to prison for committing murder, or anything else unless they have pissed off one of their superiors to an excessive level. Even then, the higher ups tend to get golden parachutes and other perks as they leave quietly.
The problem for a lot of folks is that they still think they can play the political game and win...or at least get some of the snakes and lizards to listen to them...
For myself, I solved the whole problem - at least for now. I don't fly and I don't buy guns via a dealer. Keep a low profile, and you probably won't hear much from the weasel zippers. :)
This flying thing you talk about.
Is that were you stand in line for hours, undergo a cavity check, set for hrs, walk into a flying cattle car, have a fat sweaty lay on you for the trip, endure smart mouth flight servers an passengers, drink over priced liquid, eat foul tasting food, breath stale air filled with bad breath and who knows what else? That about right so far?
Then when you get to the baggage area you find your baggage missing or torn open, and the car rental company fails to have your car. And you PAY for that experience?
How close am I?
I don't fly any carrier for the above reasons, an never will! I'll take my chances on the road where I can shoot back regardless, of states laws.
Robin: only if our lords and masters don't pull the "Sovereign Immunity" card. Remember, the US government only allows itself to be sued to achieve politically correct ends, like the destruction of law and order. Some IQ-55 foreign goblin illegally receiving welfare gets himself shot by the guards while trying to blow up a nuclear power plant, and his family says "our baby din du nuffin" and sues? Yeah, they can do that. Native born citizens trying to exercise Constitutional rights and demand due process of law? A ha ha ha ha ha ha, no--and anyone who tries it is very likely to get audited by te IRS, or a 3am visit from a US Marshals Service SWAT team, or both, or worse.
You seem to think there are still rules. There is nothing but the whims of the Community Organizer in Chief and the Nine Kings in Black Robes and their enforcers, who may be recognized by the big shiny badges and the big shiny guns.
Hi Matt and Mike,
'Seems like as I remember the late Ted Kennedy got put on the list!! Geez!! As I also remember it took him "A While" to get taken off the list!!!!!
I have not had reason to Fly Commercial since several years ago....Then I believe there was still "No List!!" Perhaps I should just "Book a Flight' just to see if gets thru!!!
Writer For Liberal Site VOX Thinks Obama Should Just Ban All Guns
This guy wants to tell you what's what. LOL.
AG Lynch Sets Sights on Guns
They should name it, "The No Fly, No Buy, You Gonna Fry" list.
Gotta really hate the defacto communist police state the USA has become.
Tge INLY way forward unfortunately will be ti tear the gicernment diwn completely, eradicate it, and replace it with a Constitution abiding one. Its really that plain and simple. 60 years hasn't fixed it, 60 more wont either by using the same broken system. Bitter truth, so sue me. Sign me, Neal Jensen
Post a Comment