Saturday, June 18, 2016
Another from Weasel Zippers - When Slippery meets slope.
Just as it says. AG Lynch is trying to adapt the No-Fly list to red flag anyone trying to purchase a finrearm. This is all feel good and easy enough to apply until you take a small step back as to what it actually means to get on the No Fly list
Here is a refresher as to some things that can put you on the No Fly List:
8 ways you can end up on the no-fly list
1. Being suspected to have been involved at some point in time of terrorist activates. Whatever that means, because no one seems to know.
2. Travel to other countries. Given the prism that this State Department views certain countries as either "good" or "bad", I can see how this is pretty arbitrary. Moreover, not one State Dept. bureaucrat was held responsible for letting these people back in. I'd like to have that conversation with Loretta.
3. Complaints from SJW's on social media. No really, that's it.
4. Have a name that sounds the same as someone on the No Fly List. Which is in no way arbitrary or against the rule of law.
5. When the alphabet agencies call you out, you don't play ball. As in, if you don't snitch, you don't fly. Or own a gun apparently.
6. Because Bureaucracy. Typing errors can get you on the list. Try defending yourself to the machine that you, Mr. John Q. Smith from Anytown USA is not Mohammed Salafist .
7. Bench warrants, too many parking tickets, whatever.
8. Again, Social Media. Tweeting your displeasure in the Hillary/Bernie 2016 ticket can catch the eye of Mordor and keep you from flying.
See how this is a really bad idea?