Friday, August 26, 2011

Gunwalker as an example of the "Peter Principle"? Or, as my Grandpa used to say, "Son, shit always floats to the top of the pond."

The Peter Principle states that "in a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence", meaning that employees tend to be promoted until they reach a position at which they cannot work competently. It was formulated by Dr. Laurence J. Peter and Raymond Hull in their 1969 book The Peter Principle, a humorous treatise which also introduced the "salutary science of hierarchiology." -- Wikipedia.


When An Under Performer Gets Promoted.

2 comments:

Sean said...

I can't speak to the business world, because I did not stay in it long. But in the Army, the chicks with the hot asses and no morals got promoted and excused from all dirty duty, the fair-haired boys and minorities got promoted and pampered, and us regular joes got shit on at every opportunity. If it works some other way in civilian life, I'm all ears. I'm not bitter, I just understand how the world works.

Dave said...

Here's one common way for the most incompetent, corrupt, immoral, stupid person to end up in charge: public elections.