Friday, August 26, 2011

Doctor's report.

The wounds on my left foot are almost entirely healed. The credit for this goes to that pain-in-the-ass (and occasionally, subsequent to tangling with stairs and other obstacles at least once a week, pain-in-the-neck, -head, -shoulder and -back) cast, which has completely off-loaded the pressure on the foot. It seems I'll get the damned thing off just in time to go marching through Mordor again. (We still have no firm date on the next hearing, but best guess is currently mid-September.)

It will be up to me not to re-injure it. At least with a diabetic shoe on the foot I can get back on the exercise bike. Although, I could probably make money selling DVDs of my one experience trying to do it in this cast. It would be hilarious to anyone other than me.

6 comments:

Sean said...

Get well, ya bum. Instead of meeting you guys at the Potomac last year, I was cringing around trying to find a decent way to sit, after my second hip replacement. I see you are no stranger to pain. "Hey, I've been married. Twice." Don't be gettin' in no footraces.

Anonymous said...

Good Deal! Lower extremity wounds on diabetics are a real beatch. Have you considered trying to find a clinic or hospital that has a hyperbaric chamber? Some locals here have used one and have seen wounds heal in record time. Doc's claim it's probably saved more than one limb...

Bob Katt

Anonymous said...

Take care, Mike. How soon until the release of ABSOLVED?

Mickey Collins said...

I used to try to build up my weak leg on bike rides by pulling my strong foot out of the pedal and accelerating. Got pretty good at one footed riding.

Then I broke a toe on my strong foot. Decided to go for a one footed bike ride that weekend. It was not fun, I was back home in less than five miles and didn't do it again.

They do make exercise bikes with handlebars linked to the pedals for a 'whole body workout'. Most of these also have a set of fixed footpegs so you can rest your legs and get a good cardio workout by rowing the handlebars. You might want to try it.

Michelle Obama said...

Yay!!! Gettign better!! Like the news guy said, keep on uh, pluckin' that chicken.

Crustyrusty said...

Outstanding.