Saturday, October 10, 2009

Everybody's an expert . . . or not. Skepticism about Threeper Oath Keepers in Iraq.



Subject: Regarding Iraq OathKeeper
Date: 10/10/2009 4:36:05 P.M. Central Daylight Time
From: jrps12@hotmail.com
To: georgemason1776@aol.com

Hello sir,

I have been contacting many people regarding some anomalies that I would like to have addressed and so far no one has addressed my questions. I am hoping, that you, being the host of the blog that carried the article that soldiers in Iraq are supporting the Oath Keepers, would help me in getting to the bottom of this.

A friend of mine in the military has told me that the picture of the Load Bearing Vest that the person in the picture is wearing does not match up with the typical LBVs that are issued to soldiers during active duty in a combat zone, which leads me to suspect that the article that you have carried is a hoax, and a publicity stunt used to drawn attention.

You must understand, sir, that I have also carried this story on a number of forums in the hopes of raising awareness of the Militia Movement and Oath Keepers, and many people have now become skeptical as to the credibility of your Militia Unit and Oathkeepers in general. You must also understand, sir, that I am in this fight with you. And I value the continued existance of the republic more than I value anything else, including my own life. But I refuse to follow and support a militia unit, and an organization that resorts to falsifying information that would otherwise give credence to our cause.

Would you please address my questions whenever you have the time. This is a very serious matter and I would hope you would take the time to help a fellow patriot get to the bottom of this.

In the meantime I have emailed Mr. Steward Rhodes regarding this exact thing, since he himself has endorsed it.

Long Live the Republic,
Death to the New World Order,

Jason.


Kilo7Charlie responds:

Mike,

Don't we all love the tactical experts and sharpshooters out there.......

In line with keeping up OPSEC, I pose some questions/comments to ponder in response to the doubters of "authenticity":

1) Perhaps the "regular" Army SOP is to wear the Interceptor body armor during operations in Iraq (and Afghanistan for that matter), but are all members of the US military, or the US Army for that matter, part of the "regular" Army? Answer: No (hint: USSOCOM?...)

2) After seeing the answer to #1, many USSOCOM elements generally get lots of neat non-standard issue gear that is authorized for operational use, such as the non-standard plate carrier and Rhodesian vest in the photo.

3) Are all US personnel in Iraq or Afghanistan part of the US military? Answer: No (Hint: Department of State, DEA, FBI, etc....)

4) Is the US Army the only group that wears the digital camouflage of the Army Combat Uniform while conducting operations? Answer: No (see #3)

5) After examining the photo I submitted, I noticed a little item on the kit called the AN/PRC-152(V)2 Multiband Handheld Radio, which is an NSA controlled Type I Controlled Cryptographic Item (CCI). These radios are only issued to US government entities, as well as select US "allies". You don't just pick one of the tactical radios up at the local swap meet....

6) Even closer examination will show in the background an external condensing unit for the A/C-heating units found everywhere in Iraq. The ladder is to get to the rooftop defensive positions.....

Ensuring that there was nothing explicitly visible in the photo (face, other personnel, vehicles, organizational identifiers, etc) was necessary, as there are still US personnel heading into harm's way daily. I would love to be able to show my entire team, but this is not about our ego, it's about our freedom. My simple message and photo was submitted only to encourage those back home preparing for the coming storm, and to show that there are true believers located in positions of influence and access within Big Brother's apparatus, and we will not hesitate to violently and decisively defend the Constitution against all enemies, though they be most likely domestic.

Continue the great posts, Mike!

Regards,
K7C


My response on a minor point:

"Many people have now become skeptical as to the credibility of your Militia Unit and Oathkeepers in general."


I don't know about that. I understand that YOU are trying to undermine the credibility of Oathkeepers. But as I am not a member of Oathkeepers except in the philosophical sense, I will let Stewart Rhodes speak for them. I will say that as far as my old militia unit goes, I resigned as operational head of the 1st Alabama Cavalry Regiment, Constitutional Militia some years ago, so strictly speaking I have no militia unit to impugn, Jason. I realize how much that must disappoint you, but it is nonetheless true.

I think Kilo 7 Charlie has answered your charges sufficiently. My advice? Quit while you're behind, putz.

Mike
III

LATER: In fact, Robert "Mad Bob" REDACTED of the Dogtown Rangers thinks you should go have a consolation "Peter's Pasteurized Patented Cream Suck" at your local Putz's Creamy Whip.



"Mad Bob" says he SURE there must be one near you.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well - here's my nickel's worth.
I do not know how things are being done now in Iraq or Stan - expect Mike BREAKING NEWS: JUST IN!
the IOC just announced that
MIKE 'MADMAN' VANDERBOEGH has been awarded the 2009 Nobel Prize for Science.
They based their decision on Mike's deep seated intention to write a scientific paper explaining in layman's terms the difference between shit and Shinola.
Congrats, Mike V's family might know more about that subject than Jason or his friend in the military. I DO know how a whole lot of things were done in the early to late 60's in several places of interest and I can assure Jason & his friend that there were indeed certain requirements of dress and behavior that were rigidly enforced on certain occasions, most notably any assemblage in which the public, the media such as it was, or brass were present, If a guy was photographed in full kit for 'presentation', then even if he was dirty and his boots were not spit shined, everything would be in place - patches, insignia would be properly placed.
In the 'bush' a lot of that went by the wayside and that is the reason you will see 'non=professional' photos taken by grunts for their families, in which guys are shirtless, maybe wearing a flak jacket / vest, boonie, and on occasion, in deference to sub-tropical heat and ungodly humidity, unless on a patrol or guard detail, you will see a shot of a guy wearing his old BDUs cut off at the knees.
No, they didn't look like that when they were being 'presentable' - but officers and non-comm. tended to give them a little more slack when fighting an unseen enemy in a hellish climate.
So - since nowadays, with the Velcro making application or removal of a patch a matter of five seconds, I would think that if a guy wanted to wear a patch of Tweetie Bird beheading bin Laden or a dog having carnal knowledge of the "make believe CIC", at least long enough to have a bud take a picture, it wouldn't be a problem.

AND if the guy in this shot only had the patches and tabs in place long enough for the photo, what the Hell? It would still reflect his sentiment. That's enough for me.

- ParaPacem -
PS - the damnable Google / Blogger demon has stopped my ability to post, unless I sign on as anonymous.

Larry said...

Hi Mike,

Hope you enjoyed the gun show. We did here in Houston. I scored a really good deal on a Kimber Eclipse Pro II and assorted accessories. Lots of folks there and lots of good stuff for sale. .45 ACP ammo still a little pricey, but well available, as was all sorts of calibers of ammo. Saw lots of good stuff cheaper than what it was at the outset of the Clinton Admin, specially the sniper stuff - a lot more and a lot cheaper. It was a good time for both me and the wife. Hope you had a good time too!

I don't feel like responing to the idiot that doesn't see the divide. He will soon enough anyway.

Shalom my friend,

Larry

Crustyrusty said...

Oh hell, we were wearing all kinds of non-issue stuff in the field WAY back in the day; by time I retired in 03 you were pretty much expected to have Blackhawk gear to supplement or replace the stuff they issued... assuming that you HAD anything issued to you in the first place.

Anonymous said...

Mike,
I think you were a bit out of line with your response to Jason. He simply was bringing a legitimate concern that was brought to him by fellow patriot in the military.

"A friend of mine in the military has told me that the picture of the Load Bearing Vest that the person in the picture is wearing does not match up with the typical LBVs that are issued to soldiers during active duty in a combat zone, which leads me to suspect that the article that you have carried is a hoax, and a publicity stunt used to drawn attention."

In the world of the blogosphere he would be reckless and irresponsible for not questioning the authenticity of your post.

but I understand the passion - It was the...

"...which leads me to suspect that the article that you have carried is a hoax, and a publicity stunt used to drawn attention."

...that really pissed you off. Ok I understand. A strong accusation begets a strong reply.

But...

"You must understand, sir, that I have also carried this story on a number of forums in the hopes of raising awareness of the Militia Movement and Oath Keepers, and many people have now become skeptical as to the credibility of your Militia Unit and Oathkeepers in general. You must also understand, sir, that I am in this fight with you. And I value the continued existance of the republic more than I value anything else..."

I think he's on our side. And K7C's response was adequate in this case. IMO

Respectfully,
Not a yes man
III

Dakota said...

Blah Blah Blah .... I don't give a shit. Whatever feel good it does for people to sit and find whatever it is they are looking for I don't care. I spotted the quanset hut in the background right away. I also know that there are all different kinds of gear being tested. Jesus I can't believe how knit picky some people are. Sure hope the war has a clear set of rules for everyone so they don't get lost. Blah Blah Blah

Dr.D said...

Mike, cut Jason some slack he simply trying to verify that the picture and accompanying info are accurate, we all know how much crap is out there on the net and how it is often taken for gospel by good people who don't know any better.

Dr.D III

Kyle Bennett said...

It actually crossed my mind to be skeptical as well, but mostly in the "don't believe everything you read" sense. My concern was actually over the threeper flag, thinking that just maybe it is not kosher to have a "defaced" American flag on a military uniform. But, having no military experience whatsoever, I left it as a post-it note in my brain to maintain a healthy skepticism, and moved on. I appreciate the follow-up, and K7C's information, even if you found the cause prompting you to it distasteful.

Eric said...

Soldiers wore their own gear like that all the time while i was in iraq... Having your own custom rig usually works better than the issue stuff, depending on the mission.

Anonymous said...

Hi folks. This is Jason, the sender of that email.

I thank you for your responses and I believe it has helped clear some things up that I thought were a bit odd in my view, which was backed up by a fellow patriot and future Oathkeeper in the military.

I'm sorry if I came off a little strong, and I suppose I might've deserved an equally strong reply, but I greatly appreciate the time taken by people here to address some of my questions.

Long Live the Republic,
Death to the New World Order

Jason

Brock Townsend said...

I'm sure it is the same as in Vietnam, many wore what they wanted with no adverse mention of same. I remember when a unit was instructed not to fly the Confederate Flag anymore, but they just ignored this and it was dropped.

Anonymous said...

I sent that person a message. Thanks for posting their email address.

B
III

Anonymous said...

I would suggest that adding patches onto a uniform would be highly frowned upon.

But what do I know.

I was just a Marine.