Friday, December 6, 2013

Apologies and errata.

er·ra·tum
noun
plural: errata
1. an error in printing or writing.
Folks, I'm sorry, but I crapped out on you yesterday. Was out running most of the day raising a little scratch to undergird the next phase of the smuggling campaign and, between the chemo drug's lingering side effects and me overdoing it, by the time I got to Rosey's work to pick her up at five I was done in. Fell asleep during the drive home (no, I wasn't behind the wheel) and by the time I got home I had enough left in me to get a bite to eat (I had puked lunch) and then promptly passed out. I just woke up a few minutes ago. Thus, I did not give you any more posts as promised. I let y'all down and for that I am truly sorry.
I also need to correct some errata and neglects of due diligence in previous posts. For example, I used this photograph as an illustration for my response to LTC Bateman, with the caption, "Why is this man smiling?"
This is not the author of the egregious column in Esquire. It would appear that there are two LTC Robert Batemans and THIS, not the above, is the correct image of that tax-feeding oath breaker:
I am indebted to Stewart Rhodes of Oath Keepers for the correction and have made the edit at the original post with my mea culpa.
Also, my post of the Mencken quote below was forwarded to me without provenance. I have since learned that it was originally a comment by Bismarck over at WRSA. Again, my apologies.
No excuses. I will try to do better in the future.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike, you are a beacon of humility and personal responsibility. Knowing what you've been through and go through with your blog, and most here do, it's easily understandable mistakes happen. At least you correct them and apologize vs some of the blogs out there. As much as I hate the word..kudo's to ya.

Anonymous said...

Bismarck was merely quoting:
http://tinyurl.com/pw2pja3

Chaplain Tim said...

Clearer pic:
http://2002-2009-fpc.state.gov/93207.htm

Chaplain Tim said...

An older picture, from 2001-2002 when he was a major. Bottom of the page, Center for Strategic and International Studies. He's on the right, standing.
http://csis.org/program/military-fellows

bubba said...

These turds purposely say provocative things just to rile up the natives. One reason they do it is to see what people will say and perhaps do. They believe their plan is working to perfection and that they are in complete control.

oughtsix said...


I sent Mike that quotation of Mencken without, at first forwarding, the attribution to "Bismarck," wrsa comments.

I corrected that almost immediately, but Mike beat me to the punch. Mike is in no way at fault. What fault there may be is mine. I would suggest that it is a minor slip and that "Bismarck" would not be offended.

Inasmuch as Mike did not try to pass the buck to where it belonged is further evidence of his high moral character.

Apologies, Mike and one and all, and thanks for all you accomplish here.

Jon III

rexxhead said...

I'm confused.

Mencken --DID-- say something like that in the 20s (actually, he just said "complete moron" without all the extra adjectives), so why is Mike apologizing?

Besides, as simply "complete moron", I always thought it meant Dubya.