Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Thanks.

Sitting here in my hospital room, awaiting the 1000 HRS start time for the surgery. The Doc says I will be out of it for at least a couple of days due to the pain medication, and he REALLY suggests that I not post while under the influence of same. I had to laugh at that. How would anybody tell the difference? I toyed with the idea of writing my own valediction, or at least some sort of summation of my philosophy, but I truly don't believe that God is done with me yet. Besides, even in the event that God disagrees, what better valediction could I have than my kids, my life's work, my writing and my friends? None. And it is to you, my friends, that I would just like to say thanks. Thanks for the prayers. Thanks for the generous subscriptions that have enabled me to stay in the fight. Thanks for the support. Thanks, for everything. At this moment, I am just overcome with sentiment for all of the support and trust you have given me and words are so inadequate to the occasion. So all I can say is thanks, and I'll see you on the other side of this thing, no matter how it turns out. It is, in any case, all in God's hands.
Mike
III
LATER: While I'm out of it, look for updates on my situation at David Codrea's War on Guns blog and always be sure and go to his daily National Gun Examiner column.

31 comments:

bondmen said...

My Dad just sent me this for you Mike:

Two little kids are in a hospital, lying on stretchers next to each other outside the operating room, the first surgeries of the day.


The first kid leans over and asks, "What are you in here for?"

The second kid says, "I'm getting my tonsils out, and I'm afraid."

The first kid says, "You've got nothing to worry about. I had that done when I was four.

They put you to sleep, and when you wake up they give you lots of Jell-O and ice cream. It's a breeze."

The second kid then asks, "What are you here for?"

The first kid says, "Circumcision."

"Whoa!" the second kid replies, "Good luck, buddy. I had that done when I was born.

Couldn't walk for a year."

Get well soon from thousands of US!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Sir. We will be praying for your speedy recovery.
God Speed.

Will Profit said...

I'm praying for you pal. Just don't go toward the lite jello. Repeat. Don't go toward the lite!
Will

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Mike... We don't need to lose another patriot.

STS2_Iver said...

Prayers for a quick recovery, my Patriot friend.

~Iver

Anonymous said...

To check on Mike, the patient information number at the hospital is: 205-592-1100

(He is already in surgery, so it may be some time before this is actually posted.)

- Old Gray Patriot

WisconsinDan said...

Prayers for sure. Subscription when you fix the paypal link :)

I agree God is not finished with you yet. You have much more to do here.

You are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Godspeed Mike, we are still praying for you.

Joel said...

Good luck, Bro.

Guffaw in AZ said...

Hang in there, bro!

AJ said...

I sure hope it turns out well for you.

moshe said...

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy and complete recovery are with you! Chazak V'Amatz! (Be strong and courageous)

Mt Top Patriot said...

Godspeed Mr. Mike.
My prayers for your safe return to your loved ones.

Laura said...

We praise God and give thanks to His Glory! Please Lord, Bless and keep your beloved Mike. Our prayers and concern are with you, Mike. You will overcome. We praise God and give Him thanks and Glory! Amen.

E said...

I'm praying for you, Mike.

Old NFO said...

Thoughts and prayers sent for a quick recovery...

Anonymous said...

May God bless and see you through to morning's light.

Anonymous said...

May the Lord watch over you and keep you whole.

Anonymous said...

Thank God for your "Herr Doktor" moment.

If you haven't seen it already, there is an interesting analysis, in the following video, of our fiat currency regarding its effect on countries which use it as their reserve currency:

"What About Money Causes Economic Crises?" with Peter Schiff - Ron Paul Money Lecture Series, Pt 3/3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npJ0CUT8d_Y

It's fiat money that destroys economies and leads Marxists to blame it on the free market and capital ownership; whereas precious-metal currencies will not permit such destruction.

Anonymous said...

Praying for a swift recovery.

Gunny G said...

Get well soon, this fight is far from over.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you!

Abram said...

If the watchman sees the sword come upon the land, warns not the people, His blood will I require at his hand. If the watchman sees the sword come upon the land and warns the people, he has delivered his own soul and shall be free.

What is "Occupation" said...

Stay strong.

Anonymous said...

Still praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Still praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck, and wishes for a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

We're checking your progress on David's site. Get well soon! You are in our prayers.

justiceseeker51 said...

I hope you are doing ok, from your surgery.....Get well Soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Hope to hear from you here soon. No rush...just thinking about you and hoping you're ok.

SB Smith
Texas

Anonymous said...

Hang in there sir. Your in our prayers.

Taz, Pensacola, FL