Saturday, December 13, 2008

Amish Tom presents a 3% Song Idea

Amish Tom presents a song with "apologies to Blaze Foley" with this additional note: "Need to work out a fingerpickin slide arrangement now. Lookin like a blues in D."



One two three and maybe four
who's on that other side of the door?
I'll just keep playing and a singing a song
while the feds step on their dongs.

We ain't going in a peaceful way
Got our constitution, it's here to stay
If you don't want to die on this here floor
think of the "maybe" in my score

Nobody wanted a fight but you
We told you all along so, too
but you kept kicking in our doors
one two three or maybe four

Call out your fine gravediggers
find the best men that you can
because you're looking at some work
with your "citizen improvement" plan.

2 comments:

Sean said...

May I suggest to the tune of Country Joe McDonald and the Fish's "Fish Cheer" song. You know, Cause it's one,two,three,what are we fightin' for, don't ask me I don't give a damn, next stop is VietNam. It was anti-war crap, but I used to get a kick out of singing in, in Viet-Nam.

tom said...

Words are words, I just happened to write these ones.

Singing 'em however you like that makes you happy. That just isn't how I heard it in my head when I wrote it.

Regards,
Amish Tom