Friday, July 26, 2013

I must say I'm pleasantly surprised, but this is my congressman.

Only one member of Alabama's congressional delegation votes to defund NSA's collection of phone records
The House of Representatives has turned back a measure that would have stopped the National Security Agency from collecting phone data from millions of Americans, with all but one member of the Alabama congressional delegation voting to allow the controversial program to continue. Birmingham Republican Spencer Bachus was the lone member of the Alabama Legislative Delegation to support an amendment that would strip funding from the NSA program.

5 comments:

SWIFT said...

It was expected that my congressman, Mike Kelly, would vote pro-NSA. He ran as a Tea Party candidate, and upon election, was the first to go mainstream. He appears to be joined at the butt with John Boehner. As a consequence, he gets appointed to important committees, while true Tea Party congressmen are relieved of committee membership by Boehner. North Western Pennsylvania seems to get one shit bag after another in the congress.

Anonymous said...

That's a shame. I like Mike Kelly(R-PA). He got a standing ovation for his oration in committee, which is rare and discouraged. I just fired off a letter to Billy Long(R-MO) because he voted no on the same issue. There doesn't seem to be a way to scare the congress critters into voting the correct way once they have succumbed to the evils of the D.C. beltway politics.
HnMO

Anonymous said...

Amazing! A pleasant surprise

- Old Greybeard

Anonymous said...

Huh!!!

Blind squirrel

Stopped clock

I wouldn't read anything into it.

Bri2301 said...

Ya'll got me curious... I'm glad to see that my Rep, Michael Burgess supported the amendment. He's usually dependable, but a little verification never hurts.

Time for an "atta-boy" email!

Jeff B.