Monday, January 16, 2012

Praxis: Another Garand LBE solution from an Irregular which has the advantage of being affordable.

MOLLE Woodland Grenade Pouch
Just received this email from an Irregular:
Mike,
I have found that the MOLLE grenade pouches will hold two Garand clips PERFECTLY. They are held tightly so that they don't rattle but not so tight that they can't be easily withdrawn. Combine the pouches with a USGI MOLLE Vest and you have a rig that is easily configured and cheap. The pouches typically run about $1-2 apiece or so on Ebay, the vests $10+/-.
For less than $25 you can carry twice as much ammo as a WWII grunt and have MOLLE space left over for a FAK, Camelbak, knife, pistol holster- whatever and it's easily configured or reconfigured. Makes a great "grab and go".
Jeff
MOLLE Vest, Woodland, before installation of pouches and other gear.
I actually like this solution better than anything I've seen so far for the Garand-armed militiaman. Now if we can just get those South Korean Garands back in the country . . .

6 comments:

SWIFT said...

Some of my friends have Garands and they are awesome at the range. I love 'em. Me? I'm too old to tote that kind of artillery through the forest. Good information though. I hope some young people take advantage of it. Soon!

We the people... said...

Even cooler...

Pericles said...

MOLLE really is modular - change of weapon just means changing ammo pouches (if required), rather than replacing your entire setup in the worst case.

MikeS said...

I'll never be without an M-1, regardless of my age. I figure the best way to make sure younger folks get one, themselves is to buy extras and give them out to the younger relatives I care about. I just drove to Camp Perry OH and bought an excellent shooter with new CMP stock for $599. I'm going back this spring for an extra. Great family investment!

Anonymous said...

You know, you got me to thinking now. I have one of those vests already. Would those grenade pouches work with 6.5x55 Swede stripper clips? I suppose the same could be asked for those with any WW I or II era service rifles. I have an AG42b and never thought of using the "fishing vest" and grenade pouches.

Great idea and thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

Allrighty, update here. I am the poster that asked if stripper clips from 6.5x55 Swede, .30-06, .308, and 7mm and 8mm Mauser stripper clips would work as well. I just got my 6.5 Swede stripper clips and loaded up 5 and they fit in there nice and snug. So, those of us with stripper clips can get 25 rounds per grenade pouch. Again, really cool idea and thanks dor the heads up.