Friday, January 27, 2012

On the ground across the river from Mordor-on-the-Potomac

Interesting times. Plane had to do an abort landing because of cross winds. Got down on the second try after what appeared to be much religious conversion going on around me. I was whistling "Garryowen" and people looked at me like I was nuts. When we finally touched down, the cabin erupted in cheers. I just finished the chorus of Garryowen. As Churchill said, nothing is so exciting as to be shot at without result, or words to that effect. Miscommunication and poor assumptions caused pick-up arrangements to fail. Rented a car I didn't want to have to rent. Overnight accomodations failed for same reason, so it looks like a motel for Mrs. Vanderboegh's blacksheep son tonight. But still, I'm here. Will have more later. And if the fellow who gave me that Armor of God medal from the Pentagon gift shop wants to give me a call, my cell phone is still the same but I've lost your number. Short on blood suger, I'm headed out to get something to eat. May God bless you all who made this trip possible.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do have enough money?

Rudder Hard a'Starboard said...

Dang Mike. Transportation and lodging both went south? That's not right.

I just tossed a little in the jar to help. Go get 'em buddy!

DamDoc said...

may you not get shot at; and if you do, may it be with no effect.. Godspeed...

George said...

Well its Garry Owen is it. That explains the attitude, the few that know the meaning, are just a special kind of crazy. God's own lunatics, I've got good company.

Skip said...

A little taste in the tip jar.
Godspead son.

Anonymous said...

No slick magazines, no panhandling phone calls at dinnertime, no junk mail, no underhanded voters "guides". Have NEVER had donated money used this well until now!

You'll be getting more moolah just as soon as Uncle Sugah sends my tax refund.

Confusion to the Enemy!

Anonymous said...

Well I gotta give ya credit you got some damn kahoonas,going into the belly of the beast alone.I dare say one of Amerikas finest most likely boarded that plane with you. and its a fair bet another new guest or 2 checked in next door. Watch your ass up there,NO SHIT!.Cuz we would rather be talking to you than hearing about you.

Temnota said...

At least I'm close enough to stand you supper one evening while you're in the area, although I don't know about that weird furrin food you seem to gravitate to when you're in town :)

You've got my email addy from last week.

Mark