Thursday, January 28, 2016

Update on work weekend and other matters.

My apologies for waiting so late to brief you on the upcoming work weekend/barbeque (5-7 February) at the Vanderboegh place, but I have been increasingly struggling against weakness and pain. Here is where we are at the moment:
Thanks to generous donations that came in subsequent to David Codrea's appeal, I have arranged for local folks to fix the garage doors (done), remove and replace the back upper deck and fix the back wall (in process) and to repair the back eaves and replace the gutter in the back (next in line).
This still leaves much to do in both outside jungle removal and inside organization and packing (books and papers that I am donating to the Vanderboegh collection at the Birmingham Public Library Archives), not to mention help carrying out the logistics of feeding those folks who show up during those three days.
The weather report for that weekend is as follows:
10 day forecast for Pinson.
Bob Wright is bringing in a small crew to help with outside yard work and various small repairs (electrical and plumbing) inside jobs. Thus, I will not have room in the house to shelter anyone else, and any volunteers who come that are not local will need to make their own arrangements for shelter. I hate it, but that is the way it is. We will of course feed you while you're here. A larger group from my church will be assisting in the jungle removal and I'll have local friends who will run the pickup/trailer combinations to the dump as the cut brush is generated. Volunteers who still want to come should bring those tools necessary to remove the brush: chain saws, lobbers, etc. Of course anyone else who wants to bring an open-top trailer to facilitate brush removal is appreciated.
As I said, I'm getting weaker by the day and I have a doctor's appointment on 1 February to see if he has any strategies to counter that. But beyond shuffling around and telling folks what they should be doing, don't expect any help from me. I will have some Three Percenter gear to give to any volunteers who want it, but that and some good Alabama barbeque is all I can offer in return.
After the weekend, I will immediately put all my efforts into finishing Absolved, then polishing a couple of non-fiction manuscripts. If God gives me the time, I am still on track to travel north, first to the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot one last time and then on up to NY and CT to stick my thumb in the eye of the beast in armed civil disobedience actions there in early to mid April. We still need more freedom-fighter grade magazines for both actions. (Or I might reverse the itinerary, starting in NY and working my way back south.) Sometime in there I expect to go to Ohio and see my Mother and my oldest grandson and Matt will be coming in from Germany to spend a couple of weeks in February or March.
That's as much as I can tell you at the moment, for as they say, man proposes but God disposes. This is of course, barring a miracle (and please keep me on your prayer lists). For those of you who still intend to journey south all that way, I can only say I am grateful for such friends and look forward to seeing you all.

17 comments:

Rivenshield said...

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Anonymous said...

Prayers for you and your family Mike. I pray for a miracle.

Anonymous said...

God bless you Mike and all of your hard work. -Brad from Ohio

Anonymous said...

Praying, yes. I do hope you are engaging in some of the alternate treatments that have had notable success.

Anonymous said...

I pray for you every day, Mike. We've never met but I have read your blog for years. I have a fatal diagnosis too but no time estimate like you have. I'll keep praying for you and for a miracle that the Lord grants you more time. But like you said, man proposes, God disposes. Maybe we'll meet on the other side. May God bless you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there...

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there to lend a hand...

drjim said...

I, too, wish I could meet you in person, Mike.

God Bless you and Rosie.

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you Mike. I wish I had more than that to offer. I've followed your blog for years and I'm looking forward to reading your finished works.
-Chris, Ohio

Anonymous said...

Dutchman 6 .Brother I am praying for you ! If I had the $ I would be there doing what ever is needed. After you what's left ? Who will pick up the Banner of Liberty ? All I can say the country is blessed with such a principled and forthright man such as you. We broke bread once [grazing][ Middletown Ct] and I was truly honored ! Plus the roundtable after wards was inspirational to say the least. I consider you an equal to Locke or Paine. Thank you my friend. Joe. Behind enemy lines Ct.

Chiu ChunLing said...

I prefer to think of it as getting more intense by the day.

Anonymous said...

Will really try to be there.I'm in S.Al-thanks for all you report-truthfully-prayers

Backwoods Engineer said...

I plan to be there, Mike.
Appreciate you so much.
--Steve

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there Mike,but 1500 miles is a long way. I hope your many friends are able to get done what needs doing. We won't forget about Rosie either.
God Bless.

Unknown said...

Prayers!

Thank you for helping to educate us all!

God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Don't give up hope. My kidney C disappeared after chemo! Rare (the type of cancer) indeed. Still have it in the bone though, so this was just a reprieve of sorts, for which I am grateful. Point is, we never know. Just do the deal. They've got a shot for the white blood count and several nausea and reflux medicines they didn't use to have. I know it's tough. Hang in there. See you soon enough!

Matt said...

Hi, I've been lurking and reading for the past 3 years, and just wanted to thank you for everything you've done. You've helped clear through the junk that is spoon fed the people, and refocused my personal resolve. If You do make it to knob creek you pass my house on 65 north, right after Nashville. If You have ten minutes to stop, I've got some freedom fighter grade mags to contribute. It's not much, but it's what I can do.