Thursday, March 5, 2015

Screwed by US Airways -- again. And yes that's twice in one day by the same folks.

So, we put together an alternate route that started in ATL and went to Seattle and I was going to drive from Seattle to Spokane and still make it. I rented a car in B'ham, got on the road to ATL and got here, finally with 30 minutes to spare, only to be told by US Airways that I had to be here 45 minutes before the flight and since I wasn't -- they wouldn't give me a boarding pass. I am now sitting in ATL airport waiting to get a rental car back to B'ham. This has been the most expensive cluster coitus to no purpose ever. It would seem, if I were paranoid, that the Fibbies have gone into total screw mode. I say that not so much for what has happened to me but for what I am briefed is happening on the ground in WA state. They are evidently into a full court press now, with much psywar directed at the leadership. The rally cannot be cancelled, so they are going ahead with it. I hope all you Threepers who are within driving distance will show up to support them. I will post my speech -- the one I was going to give -- in these pages tomorrow morning. Those of you who do show up should bring all the video equipment you can. I can't tell you how frustrated I am at this moment, but there's nothing more that I can do at this time.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh, i've gotten to airports with less than 30min to spare and had no trouble with US Air.
I think you've been "played" my friend

Steve said...

This is what modern air travel is Mike. Neither my wife nor I have taken a trip and made it back without some sort of difficulty in the last ten years.

Anonymous said...

You have my cell, call me, I'll see what I can do.

Death before slavery!

Comrade X

Anonymous said...

I suggest a detailed write up containing times everything took place, like when cars were rented and tickets purchased etc. Presented to the airline it may serve you well regarding refunds and apology. Weather was a issue around the country plus there was a MD 80 crash that afflicted many airports like a proverbial snowball. It's possible they sold ya a ticket you could not possibly have flown... Worth a second look mike.

Sorry that happened to you, but so many people have been screwed over by the new new new new "security" protocols....

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it is time to start a boycott of US Airlines or whoever their surrogate happens to be in my region. Maybe a little hurt in their wallet might tell them something. Personally I REFUSE to travel by air but would rather drive. Don't like the idea of the Testical Squeezer Agency laying their hands on me.

Anonymous said...

No worries Kerodin will be there.

Anonymous said...

US Airways? Well, their cheap ! That's about all the good things I can say about them.

Anonymous said...

I wonder where Kerodin was before? Oh yeah. Right. Nevermind.

It does have me speculating if his sudden insistance to attend an event that was not his design was intentional given the plan that Mike was never going to make it. You know, like a little birdy told him or something.

Makes you wonder, dont it?

Anonymous said...

I would also like to see a detailed account of what happened - which rental car company was involved?

I see boycotts in the future for some of these businesses.