Friday, March 20, 2015

Well, that was less than optimal. Hat production comes to a standstill (although actually it already was).

The lady who runs the embroidery shop and I came to a difference of opinion about whether she was continuing to lie to me about the constantly-shifting delivery date on the last fifty hats or whether she was merely over-promising on an imagined and ever-tenuous reality (a charitable way of saying she was lying). Yesterday, after putting me off yet again, she asked me in front of another customer what I wanted her to do. I told her I merely wanted her to do what she promised to do in the time frame she promised to do it. Apparently this was beyond her ability, so today she handed me back the hats untouched and unceremoniously demanded I leave her shop, actually knocking her business card out of my hand and threatening to call the cops. The woman either a. has neither business sense nor communication skills; b. has difficulty telling people the unpleasant truth; c. mental problems; or d. all of the above. What this means in the short run is that until I find another embroiderer, I am suspending sales, and have thus removed the pics on the upper right column. I do have enough to finish out the orders I have in hand, although I won't be able to provide hats in brown. If you are okay with black, let me know. Sorry. I'll let you know sometime next week if I can find another embroiderer.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

She also might have had problems with the message on the hats. If you cant find another embroiderer get back to me I am in the same business and while I don't do embroidery personally I know someone who does and can supply hats and all. Just bear in mind that the local oilfield generally makes delays common over here.

Dave said...

I had some embroidery work done by the gal at this web site: starbrightcreations.com She did an excellent job and was great to work with.

Anonymous said...

That is sad. The hats are of excellent quality, and often spark interesting discussions with those unfamiliar with the messages.

Anonymous said...

Our local mall has a kiosk that sells embroidered hats that they embroider "while-u wait". Perhaps there's a similar operation in your area with which some arrangement could be reached.

RVN11B said...

Ok. Patient as always I will take any color except pink. Just send when available.