Monday, August 13, 2012

Reminder to the hostile peanut gallery.

No comment on this blog addressing me as "Mikey" will be released. Try to be more creative. As I have proven in the past, I don't mind personally insulting or even threatening comments -- occasionally I even highlight them in "Another country heard from . . ." -- but I draw the line at "Mikey." The only person I ever allowed to call me that was my Grandma Vanderboegh and she's long dead. Again, try to be more creative.
Other pet peeves that don't make it past the "Delete" button -- the "Itinerant Iraqi Painters Blew Up the OKC Federal Building" theory of Jayna Davis; 9/11 as an inside job; links to Prison Planet and neoNazi rants (which are almost always too obscene anyway). All comments have to approved by me so reposting five times just because you don't immediately see it gets you nowhere. This is, after all, my blog. Don't like it? Get your own. You can call me "Mikey" to your heart's content there.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Vanderboegh
Your work is much appreciated, and although your family comes first, I miss your insightful comments during your hiatus. Please know that your faithful followers wish only the best for you. H in MO.

Anonymous said...

Agreed.. but where's the "Like" button?

Anonymous said...

Childish nickname`s are a coward`s feeble attempt at an insult. I agree 100% on this Prison Planet deal, Jone`s makes some interesting point`s but his credibility goes out the window when he start`s slobbering and ranting.

Anonymous said...

I understand where you're coming from Mike. My first name is William but I hate being called Billy, especially Billy Boy. In my family I have a nickname since I've had since I was born. I'll except Bill or William from my friends though.

Anonymous said...

OK, what kind of rotten tomatoes are we allowed to throw back at them?
-JRM

AJ said...

I dunno. I have a friend that I call Mikey, kind of a term of endearment. But I guess he's never said not to call him that.

rdf67 said...

God Bless You, Mike. Thanks for your continued efforts to spread the truth.

We the people... said...

"Lighten up, Francis."
Kidding... Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

How about irreverent comments and tasteless humor ? I've found bloggers,
podcasters, and others who take themselves too seriously often become
dreary and depressing.

So with that, I have to ask the question,
while the Dutch are often obsessed with
building dikes. Since when did it
become reality that dykes started obsessing over tearing down dutchmen ?

Thus would follow a very long delayed fuse before someone got the
Maddow vs Vanderboegh connection, and poor humor would reach a new low. ;P

Anonymous said...

Fast and Furious was an inside job.

Dedicated_Dad said...

I believe I may have been guilty of "Mikey" a time or two - if so, please know that I never meant to offend, but rather was attempting to express appreciation and (perhaps unwarranted) familiarity.

I'll be sure to not do so in the future!

angrymike said...

I agree totally sir, I absolutely hate being called that. It could start a brawl after a few drinks in my younger days...........

john said...

What is your beef with prison planet ? or is it just the whole"linky" thing ... i will read every source of information from the huff post to natl review to RT to Fox news to Ny times to the Daily Mail. Can you elaborate what is so offensive about links to Prison Planet?