Thursday, August 16, 2012

Matt's on his way back to Germany and, then, to Afghanistan.

Leatha's
It was great having him here. Yesterday we journeyed to Hattiesburg to visit his youngest sister and take her out to lunch for her birthday. We went to a great local place, Leatha's Bar-B-Que Inn out on Highway 98 West. I couldn't eat much thanks to my usual nausea but what I had was great and Matt just raved about it. He flew out early this morning and should get to spend some time with his family in Germany before he has to fly back to Kabul. Keep him in your prayers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless him and send him our best.

I know how you feel my son has been there four times.

chevy

Sean said...

God bless him, and all of you as well. I know what it's like to have a son deployed, as mine has been several times now.

Genoasage said...


These are tough times for all of us and our prayers help remind us of our faith. Despite what sceptics and nonbelievers say, prayer gives us strength. We believe wholeheartedly that God does watch over us.


May God Bless and Keep your whole family safe, Mike.

Anonymous said...

Send him back with some " Have you seen me " posters of O'Rielly to post around on the bulletin boards .

Anonymous said...

Leatha's is indeed a great place. My prayer is that you, Matthew and sister will enjoy many more wonderful meals together.