Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Anthem



"I Am America."

And they ain't.

At present -- 23:20 CDT -- this has less than 70,000 hits on YouTube. This needs to go viral.



I Am America.

by Krista Branch.

Pay no attention to the people in the street,
crying out for accountability.
Make a joke of what we believe.
Say we don't matter 'cause you disagree.
Pretend you're kings, sit on your throne.
Look down your nose at the peasants below.
I've got some news; we're taking names.
We're waiting now for the judgment day.

I Am America, one voice united we stand.
I Am America, one hope to heal our land.
There is still work that must be done.
I will not rest until we've won.
I Am America.

You preach your tolerance but lecture me.
Is there no end to your own hypocrisy?
Your god is power, you have no shame.
Your only interest is political gain.
You hide your eyes and refuse to listen.
You play your games and abuse the system.
You stuff your pockets while Rome is burning.
I've got a feeling that the tide is turning.

I Am America, one voice united we stand.
I Am America, one hope to heal our land.
I will not give up on this fight.
I will not fade into the night.
I Am America.

You stuff your pockets while Rome is burning.
I've got a feeling that the tide is turning!

I Am America, one voice united we stand.
I Am America, one hope to heal our land.
I Am America, one voice united we stand.
I Am America, one hope to heal our land.
I will not give up on this fight.
I will not fade into the night.
I Am America.


In the video, a little girl holds up a sign with a reference to 2 Chronicles, Chapter 7, Verse 14:

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

15 comments:

Dedicated_Dad said...

Great tune!

And the young Lady's rather easy on the eyes (and ears) as well!

DD

Dennis308 said...

I don´t think she will be getting an invitation from the Obuma´s to sing at the White House. No matter how good she sings,she is now an enemey of the State. Just ask Mark Potuk.

Dennis
III
Texas

John Robert Mallernee, KB3KWS, in Vernal, Utah said...

Mike:

I was unaware of this song.

Thanks to you, I embedded the video on my own personal blog, along with the lyrics and a photograph of Krista Branch, with links to her official web site and contact form.

The URL for my blog is:

http://writesong.blogspot.com/

You might want to look at it.

You'll notice I make my fonts larger, and contrast them with colors, so they're easier to read (in my opinion).

I assume your blog works the same way mine does, so if you want to resize the video to fit properly on your own blog, here's how you do it:

First, you'll have to remove the video that you presently have embedded.

Then, you copy the original embedding code, and paste it, just as you did before.

Change the size numbers from "640" and "385" to "425" and "344".

Those numbers appear near the beginning of the code, and also near the end of the code, so change them in both places.

That's all there is to it!

Thank you.

Ahab said...

Absolutely stirring and astonishing. Went to "You Tube," copied the URL and sent it out as a hyperlink to my circle of 50+ which should be read first thing this am. Ought to help on making that video go viral.

Dutchman6 said...

JRM: Thanks. Fixed.

M. Bryant said...

Maybe the paratroopers who did that lady gaga video will do this one next

Michael in MS
III

Dakota said...

Outstanding!! Absolutely great lyrics, mixed with pictures of a frustrated America trying to get America to listen.

The timing is great, she'll be on Hannity, and Beck both I bet. This will send the song into orbit.

Toaster 802 said...

Thanks for the heads up on Krista. I posted the video over at my site also. Let's give this good woman the forum she needs to spread the good word!

doubletrouble said...

Posted on mine as well... with acknowledgment, of course.

wf: "hiest"

Oakenheart said...

Love it.

Usual bullshit noises from the usual place tho - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/07/krista-branch-i-am-americ_n_638596.html

Pat H. said...

Way better than that insipid paean to the US government,neocons, and the war party by Lee Greenwood, more accurate too.

Anonymous said...

BTW, 3% of 300 million is 9 million

Anonymous said...

Want to get annoyed? Read the reviews on this song in itunes. The other side just can't leave well enough alone. Then again, there's no pulling punches in war.

Don Lloyd said...

Taxes on income are NOT the way to finance government! And neither are VAT or consumption taxes. There is a BETTER way! Individual retirement accounts can eliminate ALL state, federal, employment, and corporate income taxes, give individuals more retirement money than Social Security
http://www.NoTaxUntilDeath.com
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=134588556570964

The Galveston Plan: This is what you could get with Personalized Social Security.
Congress changed the law in 1983 to prohibit what Galveston County did in 1980.
http://www.ncpa.org/pub/ba514

Anonymous said...

Great tune!

However, we represent a lot more than 3% of this country!