Wednesday, November 9, 2011

"Politicians who were involved in it should pay the price." Terry Family Wants Answers. Also, Brian Terry memorial fundraiser to be held Nov. 12.

"Gunwalker": Agent's family wants death details.

For the first time, Brian's parents -- who are divorced-- spoke at length about saying goodbye to their son -- a former Marine -- and their long search for answers.

Josie Terry said, "The last time Brian was home, we were just talking about something and he said, 'You know, Mom,' he said something bad is going to happen. He said, 'I just have that feeling.' He said, 'Somebody's going to get hurt."'

Brian's mom watches videos of him on the computer. His dad says he finds it hard to visit his son's grave.

Kent Terry said, "It's rough. I can answer, it's been pure hell is what it's been."

Josie Terry said, "I just remember things he said. I don't know. I can't explain it. He always looked out for me. And I miss that."

Both say they're still waiting for some official to take responsibility for the gunwalking operation that allegedly trafficked the weapons found at the murder scene.

Josie Terry said, "I couldn't believe that something like that would happen. I just couldn't believe that they would let those guns go across the border, and all them other innocent people in Mexico would get killed with those same guns."

"Like my mom used to tell me, that lie's gonna catch up with you," Kent Terry said. "That's what's gonna happen to them. It's gonna catch up to them."

Josie Terry added, "I think that they know they did wrong, and if it wasn't for Brian's death I don't think -- I think this would still being going on."

"I think he'd want justice for them guns going over the border," Kent Terry said. "It's not right, and I think our politicians who were involved in it should pay -- pay the price."


Also, David Codrea reports: "A Brian Terry Fundraiser will be held on Saturday, Nov. 12, at the Scottsdale International Auto Museum, in Scottsdale, AZ."

2 comments:

Dedicated_Dad said...

I agree - and "the price" should involve a good strong tree and a nice stout length of rope!

AFTER a fair and VERY speedy trial, of course!

We recently lost our "rotten little boy in a dog-fur suit" - I can't IMAGINE what it must be like to lose a full-grown Son -- ESPECIALLY one so fine as Agt. Terry. Just the THOUGHT of losing my equally-fine Boy is enough to bring me to tears!

Lastly, the "former Marine" bit really sticks in my craw... As I understand it the only "FORMER Marine" is one who has been stripped of the honor of wearing that proud label due to dishonorable action -- otherwise "Once a Marine/ALWAYS a Marine!"

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong -- otherwise please JOIN me in calling out and correcting the nonsense when you see it!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to be able to console the family and assure them of justice in this matter. Considering the parties involved and their past histories, I am not at all confident, in fact I would recommend they not get their hopes up.

This would never have happened in my America, but my America is being murdered daily and is almost gone.

The cans are rattling so hard most of the rocks have been ejected.