Tuesday, November 15, 2011

To Mr., Mrs. or Miss Bowman of Harrisonburg, Virginia regarding your gracious offer.

I did receive your letter in my post office box but it was tattered on the outside and your return address was effaced (the only part I could read was "Bowman" and your zip code), so I must reply to you here.

Thank you for your gracious offer, but such an item belongs in a museum, I would think, and not offered for sale to help along the Gunwalker investigation. While it is true that I need to raise some money to travel to DC for the 8 December hearing, I am hoping that the sales of Absolved will take care of funding after that.

In any case, I cannot accept your gift under the conditions you suggest. I hope you are not offended by my refusal, but I would only turn around and donate it to an Alabama museum -- perhaps the Department of Archives and History down in Montgomery or the museum at Confederate Memorial Park in Marbury, Alabama.

Please forgive me also for responding in this manner, but I truly could not read your return address.

Mike Vanderboegh
III

4 comments:

Mary said...

Mike, I want to purchase a copy of your book. Where can I do that?

Mary in TN

Brock Townsend said...

http://www.namsouth.com/viewtopic.php?t=426&highlight=bb+bowman

I imagine the Virginia Gentleman ones, or cousins since it came from Harrisonburg and not Fauquier County.

Anonymous said...

Mike, do a "zabasearch" if you have a first name, you already have the zip for confirmation.

Then just call them.

Anonymous said...

So, Americans, think outside the box they have U.S.in.

How do we get the message out to 100% of the population the facts on how Brian Terry died.

Do we go to the leaders of say the NFL and say,
"How about you do a public service anouncement during the Super Blow that sets it all out, shows Brian, tells the story, points out the paid FBI informant, points out who paid for the guns, points out who sent them down to Mexico. Should be less than 2 min or so if done correct.
May be all the gun owner support groups could poney up a little money and the NFL could get some PR at the same time.

Think outside the box.