Tuesday, November 15, 2011

An interesting idea. From now on, all you need to do to shut down a politico's office is to smash those mercury-laden light bulbs at his door.


The University of Wisconsin Cooperative Extension Service reminds us to "Prepare for January 1 2012 Incadescent Light Bulbs Phase-Out." I think they mean "incandescent" but you get the point.

Mindful of this government intrusion into the free market, I just received this suggestion from Richard M.

So, I've been thinking. Congress and the EPA have given us reason to celebrate January 1, 2012.

What if a few thousand people strapped on a few batteries and some CFL's and stood around the Capital building and the White House?

Of course we could party in front of our state capitol buildings or even our town halls for that matter.

We'd have to be awful careful though. Wouldn't want to accidentally drop any of those energy saving bulbs.

Why the local, state and federal EPA guys would have to declare a HAZMAT emergency, what with all of the mercury that would be released.

9 comments:

kenlowder said...

Now that's an idea. A couple of bricks to open the window ans a couple of florescents to keep them closed for a while.

Whizbanger said...

Just out of curiousity, nothing more, exactly what IS the proper response to a busted CFL??

Female III said...

Yes. Tactics and weaponry that would not otherwise have ever been known or made available without the earth worshippers and "global warming" frauds. There are several other things that can be done to thwart America's domestic enemies in very big ways (if you think about it), thanks to the EcoNazis who have now become our useful idiots.

Robert Fowler said...

I've tried these CFL's and I'm not impressed. I'm stocking up on regular bulbs and the government kiss my ass. I think we should save up all of our failed CFL's (whose life seems o be half of a regular bulb). And deliver them to our congress critters in all of their broken hazmat glory. I've talked to my Rep about this but it falls on deaf ears. Maybe a little mercury poisoning would get through that thick head.

Anonymous said...

You should've seen all the fuss a university would make over a broken mercury thermometer in a lab. Back when there WERE mercury thermometers, that is.

Took a guy at least a half-hour with a vapor detector and a special vacuum cleaner. Bet it's a lot worse (and expensive) now.

-GLM III

Jim said...

I'm boxing all of my burned out CFLs and mailing them to Fred Upton. If one or two get broken along the way, well, oops.

Da Curly Wolf said...

screw mercury. I'll make a switch but it'll be to LED bulbs. Which are even more expensive than the bloody Mercury laden bulbs. The EPA and the federal government can kiss my hairy rectal area. Still need to go buy some more incandescent bulbs though.

JoeFromSidney said...

How soon will the Border Patrol be watching for "bulb-leggers?"

Anonymous said...

I switched to CFLs throughout my house less than 8 months ago. Only have three left, as all the rest burned out. In less than two months government is gonna force this experience on all of us. Ha ha.