Friday, January 30, 2009

"An Evening Visit"

Go to What McAuliffe Said and read this excellent piece.

Just a snippet . . .

An Evening Visit

I had a full day. Places to go and things to do. Family matters. Writing, both scripts and blog/letters. I got up and stretched and retrieved a cup of fresh brewed tea. When I sat back down, I couldn't quite shake the growing fatigue. As I occasionally do, I laid my head down on my arms and dozed. Quick naps get me through the night.

As I drifted, I heard a whisper.

"Michael."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kinda has the feel of "Glory Road" by Heinlein.

Anonymous said...

It seems ambiguous. It could be "the sword of truth," or "the sword of working God's will on earth by violent coercion." The former is the sword everyone needs to wield. If they did, no one would ever wield the second.

Michael Dukes said...

Rev 19:11 Then I saw heaven opened and here came a white horse! The one riding it was called “Faithful” and “True,” and with justice he judges and goes to war. .... 15 From his mouth extends a sharp sword, so that with it he can strike the nations... 16 He has a name written on his clothing and on his thigh: “King of kings and Lord of lords.”

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ