Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dr. Doom's Warning: More Doom Ahead

Warning: More Doom Ahead
By Nouriel Roubini

Foreign Policy, January/February 2009

“Because the United States is such a huge part of the global economy, there’s real reason to worry that an American financial virus could mark the beginning of a global economic contagion.” – Nouriel Roubini, March 2008

Last year’s worst-case scenarios came true. The global financial pandemic that I and others had warned about is now upon us. But we are still only in the early stages of this crisis. My predictions for the coming year, unfortunately, are even more dire: The bubbles, and there were many, have only begun to burst.

Read the rest here.

1 comment:

W W Woodward said...

So? - I don't like paying taxes to support homegrown slothful governmental bureaucratic leaches. I damn sure don't care if foreign bureaucratic leaches have to root hog or die. I've never signed adoption papers for those folks.