Saturday, March 19, 2011

One very bad idea.

Robert Farago declares: "The ATF Must Die."

My comments at his site:

No one is going to repeal the federal gun laws.

Therefore they will be enforced by some agency.

Which would you rather take the job?

The FBI? Think Ruby Ridge and arsonists at Waco. Besides, they’re too smart to take it.

The Department of Homeland Security? Sure, they’d LOVE that.

Oh, great — secret political policemen with even less oversight than ATF.

I prefer the devil I know in rehab than the devil I don’t, with the same mission, more power and less oversight. And if you take the time to think it through, so would you.


And:

Why do you think the Obamanoids CHOSE the ATF as their pawn? Because it is expendable to them. You really think they didn’t have a least one thought along those lines? But, OK, fine, give them what they aren’t afraid of, if it makes you feel good. Unfortunately that is all that it will do, other than make things worse.

3 comments:

Gaviota said...

Irony and strange bedfellows, eh, Mike? Don't you hate being right sometimes? I think the worst part of this debate about keeping a small, tightly controlled ATF vs abolishment is that when I think about keeping ATF, I get the feeling that I sound like a member of Snowflake's Prag Army.

Anonymous said...

At least remove their police powers and take away their guns; they are a danger to themselves and others. They have no business as law enforcement - they are a Judas tax collector.

WarriorClass
III

Nanders said...

Mike, they are unconstitutional.

End of discussion, no?