Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mea Culpa.

Oops.

I've been asked by folks via email and other means what the status of my IRS notice is. Well, it looks like I did indeed screw up on my 2009 return according to the accountant and we actually owe $1,911.00. Don't worry, we'll be arranging payments in portions. I'll be doing that negotiation today. I just wanted to let y'all know that it wasn't a case of "The Empire Strikes Back" but rather "The Dutchman Screwed Up."

First time that's happened. Normally I'm perfect in every way. ;-)

7 comments:

Scott J said...

Sucks though. And let me warn you from personal experience: the interest rate on those installments is outrageous.

Graves said...

If you had to owe a number, that's a good number to owe. Thanks for clarifying to the readership!

LC Scotty said...

1911 dollars? C'mon Mike that's fate right there.

blackdog said...

1911,

That would be a cool number any other time.

Anonymous said...

Heh. $1911. How appropriate.

Hope you can negotiate it down, though.

Anonymous said...

They've really stepped up the audits.

And the short barreled shotgun purchases.

Maybe the increased auditing is to pay for the shotguns.

AP

Anonymous said...

Render to Ceaser....

Get free of it and move on.