Monday, April 25, 2011

Through the wringer, but back home for now -- and maybe in Pittsburgh by Saturday.



Just got back home after being put through the wringer. X-ray by Torquemada the Technician, fluid drained off knee by Doctor Stickem Hard, MRI by the Manson Family's Lesser Cousins and, worst of all -- hours spent in waiting rooms with nothing but chick magazines to read. Good news: no hospital for now and don't have to come back until next Monday, ergo, if I can round up the car rental and gas money, I'll be gimping along at the NRA convention for my "major award."



The SOF award will be presented at Alan Gottlieb's Second Amendment Foundation blogger bash at the Courtyard by Marriot located across the street from the convention center in downtown Pittsburgh on Saturday night 30 April from 6PM to 9PM. The street address is 945 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222.

My intention is to start Thursday, drive to Marion, OH, stay overnight there, then make my way up to the Cleveland area and link up with David Codrea on Friday. We will then travel to the convention on Saturday morning. I'll know for sure by Wednesday if I can pull the whole thing together. If you're going to be there and want to meet up, send me an email to GeorgeMason1776atAOLdotCOM by Friday.

Mike
III

1 comment:

Mark Matis said...

Hey, if you don't like the chick magazines in the doctor's office, just do like I do. Take some old Playboys in with you, and shuffle them into the stack when they call you in. There is usually a significant change in the available reading material next time you go there...