First, from the slippery slope department: "Ben Carson backs monitoring 'un-American' groups
Ben Carson, a GOP presidential hopeful, has stepped into the controversy over suggestions by rival Donald Trump that all Muslmis in American should be monitored. According to the Associated Press, Dr Carson, a retired neurosurgeon who is running strongly in the polls, would go even further."What I have said is that I would be in favor of monitoring a mosque or any church or any organization or any school or any press corps where there was a lot of radicalization and things that were anti-American."
The present regime considers me to be "radical" and (doubtless) my church to be "anti-American." The lesbian mayor of Houston considers it perfectly acceptable to subpoena the sermons of Christian pastors that she considers "anti-American." So where, Dr. Carson, do you start with FBI and NSA spying on the American people and where do you end it?
Next: "What to do during an attack." See anything wrong with this list?
- Escape if you can
- Consider the safest options
- Is there a safe route? Run, if not hide
- Can you get there without exposing yourself to greater danger?
- Insist others leave with you
- Leave belongings behind
- If you can’t run, hide
- Find cover from gunfire
- If you can see the attacker, they may be able to see you
- Cover from view does not mean you are safe, bullets go through glass, brick, wood and metal
- Find cover from gunfire e.g. substantial brickwork/heavy reinforced walls
- Be aware of your exits
- Try not to get trapped
- Be quiet, silence your phone
- Lock/barricade yourself in
- Move away from the door
- Call 999: What do the police need to know?
- Location: Where are the suspects?
- Direction: Where did you last see the suspects?
- Descriptions: Describe the attacker, numbers, features, clothing, weapons etc
- Further information: Casualties, type of injury, building information, entrances, exits, hostages etc
- Stop other people entering the building if it is safe to do so
Source: National Counter Terrorism Security Office
Now, admittedly this is a BRITISH list, so coming from a herd of self-gelded sheeple you can understand why armed self-defense isn't on the list. Indeed, this is embracing a Monty Python strategy for dealing with Jihadi murderers: "Run away! Run away!" Still, if the Americans on the French train had followed these rules they and a lot of other passengers would have died and the Jihadi perp would have succeeded.
The Most Rev Justin Welby has admitted hat the brutal attacks had put a "chink in his armour" as he reacted with profound sadness to the Paris attacks. He told BBC Songs Of Praise:"Yes. Saturday morning - I was out and as I was walking I was praying and saying: 'God why - why is this happening? Where are you in all this?' and then engaging and talking to God. Yes, I doubt."
Of course the Church of England has increasingly resembled something that the Dutch-American historian Hendrik Willem Van Loon once said about the Unitarians. He quipped that the Unitarian Church appealed to him "because the only time the name Jesus Christ is uttered is when the janitor falls downstairs."