Thursday, January 10, 2013

My apologies for my absence today -- and a prayer request.

This morning began with an MRI at the hospital (delayed because they couldn't start an IV without calling in an expert with an ultrasound from the main hospital -- this after repeated failed attempts by lesser mortals that resembled nothing so much as a Japanese bayonet attack). Then, because we are now down to one car, we had to carry my youngest daughter back to college which took 5 hours to get there (thanks to rain-assisted wrecks) and four hours to get back. I stumbled in the door and crapped out for a nap without making it to the computer, so I just now enabled the comments and have begun to review my email. In the intervening time, I've had phone messages and emails concerned about my absence. Everything is fine with me, however . . .
You may recall my previous call for prayer for Julian and his wife Lynn, who has been desperately ill for a while. One of the first emails I opened was from Julian telling us that "Lynn is with God. She passed away at about 6:15 tonight. It was peaceful with no suffering or struggle." Please keep Julian and Lynn in your prayers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Crazy long day. And with a passing, to boot.

It's good that G-d rules over all, and in the end, we win no matter what.

Johnny Gee said...

That sucks- as an MRI Technologist I can tell you it's tough sometimes- especially if your veins are compromised from recent surgeries. My prayers go out to you. Johnny Gee.

MamaLiberty said...

Continued prayers for you and your family, Mike. And most certainly for Julian. I didn't know she was ill.

Anonymous said...

Prayers are up!