Thursday, March 8, 2012

"Killing" Vanderboegh, one test at a time. ;-)

David Codrea's illustration of my stress test:
Well, I survived my stress test and ain't dead yet. They haven't told me that I've passed so I can be cut on next Tuesday, but I suspect I will be shortly. Again, God bless you all for your prayers and support. Actually, I have a feeling that God ain't done with me yet. My son called me from Germany yesterday and told me "Drink water, drive on!" So I guess it isn't time to lay down and die.

5 comments:

CowboyDan said...

"I guess it isn't time to lay down and die."

Glad to hear that. I don't think it's my time, either. Hope not.

Anonymous said...

Stress Test. Bah! I've been getting them about every two years or so since '98. Since '08 they have to do the chemical version due to the pacemaker. Feels like your head is gonna explode like in the flick "Scanners". I remember one time I asked my cardiologist how the test went. He said "There were a couple of things I didn't like but I'll call it normal." Made me feel SOOOOOO confident that he was gonna "call" the EKG "normal".

Hang in. Things WILL get better. They say only the good die young and 60 is considered young these days so you should have several decades left in you. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Mike.
Here's one for you:
May the Lord Bless you and keep you, may He make His face shine upon you and be gracious unto you, and give you peace. In the name of the Prince of peace, Jesus the Messiah.
Amen

Anonymous said...

Only lie down when you stop breathing.

Spartan

parabarbarian said...

"I guess it isn't time to lay down and die."

Animals lay down and die. Men fight. When Death come for me I plan to go kicking, biting and gouging eyes all the way.