Friday, October 23, 2015

Why I was AWOL yesterday.

My daughter and her new husband had to fly out of Atlanta on their honeymoon and it fell to Dad to get them there early. From their house the trip is over two hours one way, but I dutifully dropped them off in time to make the flight. They scrimped and saved to make it happen and I was happy to help them out. (Their house sitter was busy so I volunteered.) Anyway, I came back to get some other running around done while I still had the strength and then ended the day helping a friend move a large shelving unit to another friend's shop, finishing with a rather unique prayer meeting get-together at a local indoor gun range. By the time I got back to the computer, the day was shot, I was shot and Rosey was once again perturbed that I had been burning the candle at both ends. Like I said, no rest for the weary. My apologies.

2 comments:

RVN11B said...

I completely am in awe of your energy! Keep fighting!

Anonymous said...

You're a good dad Mike, I'm sure the kids appreciate you as much as the rest of us;)
Powder horn Mike