Wednesday, September 11, 2013

We have a name for such people here in Alabama: Range Goobs.

Shooting range vandalism causes problems for DNR, sportsmen.
The last time I encountered a range goob at Helena, he was hauling out a PC mainframe to use as a target stand. "I wouldn't do that, if I were you," I cautioned. "Why not?" he said belligerently. "Because you're going to have to clean up every piece and carry off the trash." He just looked at me as if trying to decide what to say. "Unless you want one of these guys to turn your license number in to the rangers," I added helpfully, gesturing at the ten or so shooters on the line. "It just depends on who you trust." He left the computer in the trunk and I provided him with a cardboard box, which he was careful to police up after he was done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can thank the ASSHOLES that run Knob Creek and the silly ass TV show of theirs for a lot of this. They let anyone shoot anything on the mud pit they call a range. People regularly shoot .50 BMGs on the 350 yard "range" that backstops in solid rock. How they have not had any deaths is a point of great wonder to me. That and the "range" is now frequented by gang bangers, 19 year old dipshits, thieves, and "goobers" of all stripes, and its become someplace I try to avoid. Steve and J.R. got the TV show and made a pile of money, but they turned Knob Creek Gun Range into a dangerous Shit hole to do it.--Ray

Anonymous said...

It makes one wonder if liberals may indeed have a valid point concerning too many idiots with access to guns.

Just sayin.

Anonymous said...

Alabama may call them "Range Goobs", but in NC we call folks like this "Stupid-Ass Dipshits".
Call it a minor cultural difference within the South, I suppose.

Anybody stupid enough to bring a goddamn tv set to a public shooting range can't be trusted with a firearm.