Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Please keep us in your prayers today.

Have two doctors' appointments today, the second of which will likely decide what to do about the intractable wound on my back. Background: when they took out 80% of my stomach and parts of my esophagus and pancreas a year ago they also put in what is called a "J drain". It was expected that it would heal up shortly afterward. It didn't. Over the past year it has gone from seeming to heal up with no drainage whatsoever to flowing like a small stream whenever I take a drink. Obviously there is a hole in my esophagus that is draining out through the convenience of the J hole. Unfortunately numerous tests have been unable to find the hole in the esophagus, yet there certainly is one. (When I drink iced tea, the drainage is both immediate and COLD. I told the doc on Monday that I was reminded of one of those cartoon characters who gets shot up and takes a drink, looking like a fountain.) This requires regular changing of the dressing on my back, where of course I cannot reach, so Rosey is stuck with that thankless chore.
Anyway, we're going to try to get this thing fixed in the near future, necessitating more tests and certainly surgery (what course should be decided today), so keep us in yours prayers, please.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike,
I send my prayers for you and Rosie. You have done so much to further the cause of restoring patriotism to this country, and helping getting the truth out there, when we are being lied to by Obama's media. Thank thou for all you do and may God continue to be with you and yours.

Sincerely,
Paul Paver
III

Anonymous said...

Keep fighting the good fight on all fronts. My thoughts and prayers go with you daily!

Chris Muir said...

Heal up!

Chuck said...

Mike,

My prayers are with you both.

Anonymous said...

Mike, you're one of the ones who is experiencing what a nurse told me one time when I had a 5 month bout with Shingles, which I wouldn't curse on my enemy..well, maybe a few. :) When I asked if there was a cure..she said..
"You know, we might be able to scratch the surface of how the body really works..in about FIVE THOUSAND YEARS..give or take. Till then, it's like searching for a needle in a haystack on the Earth from the farthest galaxy"
And then she told me there was a possibility that it could develop into PHN (post-herpetic neuralgia), which is basically life long excruciating pain. That's the first time in my life I thought about suicide. If you've ever had Shingles, you know what I'm talking about. If not, think burning at the stake for life while enduring a Perineal Abscess, which I WOULD curse my enemies with a terminal case of it, as it is worse than Shingles. Although, it is easily cured once diagnosed. Thank god for what doctors DO know, as I can't imagine what people in the past would have done..except die in hell on earth pain.

Given the time mankind has been on this planet, yes, modern medicine has come a long way, but it still has a long, long road ahead.

My prayers for the Lord's grace to lay his healing hand on you and Rosie. Amen.

Anonymous said...

ps. Mike, I never understood the nature of our 2nd Amendment right till I came here. If anything, YOU are the ONLY one who is laying out for America what our Founders knew intuitively. Thank you sir. I am forever indebted to you. Again, my prayers for your's and Rosies speedy and thorough healing.

Anonymous said...

Mike, I'm continually amazed by the volume and cogency of your posts under your personal circumstances ! My prayers - however feeble to our creator - are with you !

Like the "Old Dogs" we all know where our life's journey ends . But its how we get there and how we influence those we meet along the way that's important ! >Jeff

eddy3 said...

My prayers continue.