Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Supply and demand.

Report from a friend about a trip to one of our local WalMarts:
Wife needed to stop in (shudder) Wal-mart so I went in to check out the ammo case.
I bought their last box of Tula 7.62x39 (not hurting for it but a little more is always nice).
No .22 LR, .223, 9mm or 40 S&W in sight. A few premium hunting rounds at roughly $1 per round in .243, .30-30, .270 and .30-06. And a good bit of .22-250.
A little .357 mag and 2 boxes .44 mag.
2 boxes of .45 auto hydra shock.
Only bird or target shot for shotguns.
Gunbroker: 4 - M1A / M14 mags Springfield magazines 20rd sell for $316.00.
Las Vegas Gun Show: 29-30 December 2012.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gawd. Here we friggin' go again...

Anonymous said...

I finally to decide to get rid of an IMI-UZI Carbine that I've had for some 20 years. Looks like my timing might be just about right.

Anonymous said...

I went to my local Utah County Cabela's last weekend. LOTS of ammo in sight, reasonably priced. Bought what my budget could afford, in a caliber I sorely needed.

B Woodman
III-per

John Otis Comeau said...

went to the Wal-Mart in Rohnert Park, CA today with a similar story. Judging by B. Woodman's comment, my guess is that Wal-Mart has simply quietly decided to stop purchasing ammo. hopefully they'll start again someday, I don't have a Cabela's anywhere near here.