Saturday, September 7, 2013

Another country heard from. Pretty funny screed from a Kerodin "birther"?





An anonymous comment received (rather incongruously) in reaction to my earlier post entitled "The Lairds of Fairfax endorse another anti-firearm wolf in sheepdog's clothing."
Dear mikey: Once a commie, ALWAYS a commie. Your not even a natural born citizen your just a commie not a III and no patriot "friend" of mine....fake III asshole. Fuck you.
Well. I guess I'll have to bear that burden. Somehow I don't think this guy is a rabid NRA fan upset at me dissing them. Something else must be sticking in his craw. I've been getting a lot of these sorts of comments lately, but I must confess that this is the first one to accuse me of not being a "natural born citizen." Who knew Obama and I had anything in common? There is further comic irony in the characterization of me as a "fake III asshole," considering I'm the guy who popularized the concept to begin with. If I'm the originator, how can I be fake? Isn't that rather for me to decide? Now as for being an "asshole," I'll not take the time to argue the point since it seems to be an opinion held by certain folks such as Eric Holder, the Aryan Nations, Morris Dees and (unless things have changed without my knowing it) my ex-wife. In my defense, I would merely point out that the glue they normally use to plug up anal fistulas did not work on my esophogeal-gastric leak, so in the strict medical sense I am not, it would appear, an asshole..
Given the ad hominem nature of their complaints, most of this ilk of commentary seems to be coming from Kerodin, Nye and Co. and most gets deleted for being even fouler, more obscene and threatening than this. However, a friend of mine suggested that I share this one with y'all as an example of the intellectual level of my critics. "People ought to know what you put up with just to put out the blog," he said. Well, okay. Here it is. But I have to say, most of them give me a laugh so I don't want to discourage our "Anonymous." Send it on. Chances are that it won't get posted but it certainly tickles my sense of humor.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

seen some of it too. surprising, in light of all the tyrannical actions of the government, that a few would waste their energies with such sophomoric endeavors. not very entertaining either. the "me too" game that three year olds play. as for not being born here, i see that it sometimes helps sell your books to say you're a struggling student from kenya.

Anonymous said...

If there has been a recent uptick in those sorts of comments, it's likely the result of fanbois of another blogger. I recently saw something about how you are attacking his "friends" or something. There were even cartoons!

Scott J said...

I never figured you were natural born. I just assumed you were found under a cabbage leaf :)

CB said...

Good job Mike.
When they throw lemons at you, make lemonade. The difference between them and you is that you know who you are, warts and all. (We all have warts, but some folks want to hide them.)
Besides, when the going gets tough for them, they do what the liberals do; they resort to foul mouth rage and say, "There. That will show him who's in command".

Hey guys, I will ask the question: If Mike Vanderboegh had not stayed on top of Fast and Furious, would we even know about it? And which one of you had the guts to write an open letter to Eric and call him by his first name?
............(Crickets)

Sean said...

Having actually spoken to you in person, twice, I'm convinced you're not an asshole. And that says something, because a friend is some one who likes you, even though they know you pretty well. While I don't know you that well, I think of you as a friend. Your persona comes through pretty clear on your blog, and I think you have more courage than a lot of younger, stronger, and quicker men. You've never tried to hide your past, warts and all, and as a Viet-Nam vet, I've come to respect you, and lot more than many of the so-called FreFor types. I pray for you daily, and I'll send a little something to you when I can. Keep plugging away, and let the nay-sayers fling away, I know you got the right stuff.