Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Grasshoppers blame ants for their own unpreparedness. "Tempers flare in NJ city where thousands stranded."

"Feed me, Seymour, and feed me now!"
You'd better get some pizzas in there, Barack.
HOBOKEN, N.J. (AP) — Officials in the city of Hoboken, N.J., are defending their response to severe flooding from superstorm Sandy.
Public Safety director Jon Tooke says at least 25 percent of the city on the Hudson River across from Manhattan remains under water. He estimates at least 20,000 people are stranded and says most are being encouraged to shelter in place until floodwaters recede.
Tempers flared Wednesday morning outside City Hall as some residents complained the city was slow to get food and other supplies out to the stranded.

4 comments:

SWIFT said...

Tempers flared Wednesday because the city was slow to distribute food and water. The truth is, they wanted others to risk life and limb to save the "hand-to-mouth" existence they live.

JTwig said...

I think the worst from this storm is yet to come. I have a feeling in a few week we will be seeing them bring out the bodies of elderly and disable people who were unable to leave their 50th floor apartment after the power went out and whose neighbors got out while the getting was good.

WarriorClass III said...

People should be free to stay in their homes in the face of a hurricane, but they are also responsible for their own well being. I am totally against government mandated evacuation, which is nothing but an expression of tyranny, but if you choose to stay you should not then expect others to risk their lives for you or supply you with food and water afterwards.

Why is it that people now expect the government to take care of them? Because politicians have been promising to do just that, at the cost of freedom of course. You can have a government that takes care of you, but you relinquish your independence and freedom when you make that faustian bargain.

WarriorClass
III

Anonymous said...

Storm Sandy was so bad in some/many areas, that even I would have trouble taking care of myself. I have food, water & other supplies, but they would all be gone or ruined by now.
That said, would I stick around & wait for the Gubbment to take care of me? I think not.
I even think that I would have loaded what I think I needed & left inland about two days before Sandy hit.

Anony-mouse
III-PER