Monday, July 11, 2011

Two steps forward to DC, three steps back.

A day that reminded me of Hee Haw.



A day of decidedly mixed blessings.

Bad news: Water pump went out on "the Red Dragon," our daughters' 2001 GMC Jimmy college car which we have been using because Hannah has the Toyota at summer classes at Southern Miss. Took the belt with it, of course. Had to have it towed to the shop in Leeds near my wife's work.

Of course, I was on the way to take her to a follow-up doctor's appointment from her gall bladder surgery. She had to borrow a co-worker's car to come and rescue ME and proceed on to the Doc's.

Good news: Despite some residual pain, she's doing great. If I had to choose between the two, I'll take that blessing.

Of course, it was a day that a whole lot of news broke and people were hammering me by cell-phone for comments, but we were stuck together back at Rosey's work (away from my computer) afterward until we caught a ride home with the same co-worker, hitchhiking.

That's the way it will be for the rest of the week for her, I guess. I'll be right here.

Sheesh. Two steps forward, three steps back.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you get a job and bring some money in so your poor wife isn't the sole breadwinner in the family, Mike?

fgd-anchorage said...

Good to read Rosie is on the mend.

Dennis308 said...

Best wishes for Rosy and her recovery.

Is special delivery mail getting through without interference from u-no-who. Might be able to help with D.C.

Dennis
III
Texas

Anonymous said...

"When life is going smoothly and according to plan, it's time to consider you may be overlooking something." -- author unknown but sometimes attributed to some guy named Murphy.

FSHB said...

Publish, please?

Crustyrusty said...

Oy. I can relate. Momma's car needs an ignition module.