Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can jump out and pummel defenseless naked drunks.


Roger the Shrubber: Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history.
King Arthur: Did you say shrubberies?
Roger the Shrubber: Yes, shrubberies are my trade. I am a shrubber. My name is Roger the Shrubber. I arrange, design, and sell shrubberies.


One wonders what Roger the Shrubber would make of this.

4 comments:

Defender said...

Commenter ocva makes a good point. It was only an intoxicated white man being assaulted by three black youths, probably cruising in a Cadillac Escalade that cost more than my HOUSE. That's not even news, much less a crime anymore. They were just expressing their perturbation at being kept down by The Man.
My guess is, knowing that area by reputation, gay male prostitute high on something. Obvious he had no weapons. Easy mark.
Lucky the police didn't rush to the scene and Taser HIM. They'll shoot you on your own front porch for reaching to pull up your pants, having interrupted you at dawn getting ready for work.

Anonymous said...

Give it some time. Not forever, but some. Keep an eye on this & see if the detectives eventually file charges.
My father taught me, "The wheels of justice grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine."
That has been modified a lot lately, given the current state of the justice system. But still, I continue to have some hope.
I'm not ready to take the vigilante route yet.

B Woodman
III-per

Roadrunner said...

charges filed? No The thugs could have been off-duty cops.

Remember Detective "Yes I Pulled My Pistol Because I Got Hit With Snowballs" Baylor? 'Nuff said.

Allen said...

roadrunner..correct, they could have been off-duty cops...

http://www.wmur.com/news/22861488/detail.html