Sunday, August 4, 2013

Into the fourth day of NPO, and dreaming of broccoli casserole.

I was dreaming of my mother's broccoli casserole when awakened by the blood technician at 0445 for my morning stab. The resident doc was in to change the dressing on my back shortly afterward. No doubt that the glue has set up in the wound channel. The $64,000 question is has it plugged the hole at the stomach-esophageal juncture. If not, we just made the situation worse for the leak will then have nowhere to go beyond my chest cavity. This is not a goodness thing, as John Ringo would say. So, we have one more day until the tests to determine if the hole is well and truly plugged. Keep me in your prayers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Broccoli casserole? I feel for ya Mike. That's Hunger Games desperate.

B Woodman
III-PER

AJ said...

Let's hope that it's finally fixed.

bondmen said...

All these food pictures make me hungry too and I've already eaten - so please stop it! Now I'll bet you Janet Napalmatano and Errieck Holder would wish for you to suffer “refeeding syndrome” Mike so I'm here to warn you in advance. Look what may have happened to this poor little girl when after being starved she could eat again: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/08/03/4388130/starved-girl-known-as-lp-had-to.html

So please take it easy and eat genteelly Mike, we don't want you to over do it on the great Southern cookin' Rosey has planned for you!

Anonymous said...

Hang tough.

Charles N. Steele said...

Will do...we want you well.

Anonymous said...

I hope your doc's initials aren't BP. Get well soon, friend.