Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Health update.

Been up and down lately. Back still leaking like crazy. I'm off to the wound-care doc this morning and have another scan scheduled for Friday to check on the status of the remnants of the tumor. I had an amazingly fortuitous encounter with a nurse from UAB on Sunday at the Greenridge range and we fell into chatting about my surgeon's unsuccessful campaign to plug the leak in my gut. I left with the name and number of a GI surgeon at UAB who is supposed to be the best at what he does and is state-of-the-art. I'll be seeking a referral from my oncologist (with whom I'm very satisfied) on Friday after the test and we'll have to make sure that the bastards at BC/BS (who previously tried to kill me) will sign off on it.
Still, after the failure of Plan E with my present surgeon, it is more light at the end of the tunnel than I had before and frankly it is impossible for me not to see the hand of God in this "chance" encounter. Keep me in your prayers, please.

4 comments:

Kitty said...

Mike, God bless you for your fighting spirit. You have a world of support from our thoughts and prayers. Let's roll on this chance encounter!

MamaLiberty said...

You got it, Mike. I'll keep my toes crossed. Can't do it with fingers... if I can't type, I can't work. LOL

And what a wonderful thing, to meet a nurse at a gun range!! If you ever come up this direction, you can go to the range with another one. :)

Dr. D said...

You an inspiration to us all, keep up the good work and your faith

For the Republic III%

Dr.D
C.O. Ben W. Hooper Bgd.

Anonymous said...

Best to you, Dutchman.