Thursday, August 8, 2013

Drinking water, driving on.

I would be lying if I didn't admit this latest failure to plug the leak in my gut wasn't, well, a big punch to the gut. It was. I had a very unsatisfactory conversation with my doctor yesterday, or I should say my doctor's nurse, to the effect that there is apparently no Plan E. I've been urged to get a second opinion and I'll probably explore that. I have another scan planned tomorrow by my oncologist designed to peek at the status of the remnants of my former tumor. The co-pays go on and on. On the bright side, an argument may be made since the glue that they normally use on anal fistulas didn't work on me, perhaps I am not the asshole that my ex-wife, Eric Holder and the entire federal law enforcement bureaucracy and their snitch familiars believe me to be. Perhaps.
In the meantime, since we are status quo ante once again, I'm determined to "drink water and drive on" as the troopers of the 101st Airborne say. Gotta go now. I'll have more posts later.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike, good luck. I will put up a prayer for you. If you read "Freak lighting strike hits Clayton, Mo man and fries his butt into bacon"--well, at least the good Lord was listening. Not necessarily happy with the guy offering the prayer, but perhaps he listened nonetheless

Anonymous said...

I'm really sad to hear that news Mike. I too met the "cutting edge" of medical science a few years ago, when I was introduced to Shingles. Even though medical science has come a long way...it still is in the dark ages. A nurse at the hospital said to me..."Maybe in 5000 years we'll scratch the surface of how the human body REALLY works..but at this point..we don't have a clue how to cure Shingles." So much for that. 5 weeks later I was in so much pain I considered suicide. Fortunately..a week later it started subsiding. Unfortunately..it NEVER really stops. Good luck finding another ..ahem.."opinion"..cause that is all they have. Your still in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Mike, our prayers and thoughts are with you. Wish I wasn't in such financial distress,(Not like everyone else isn't also) I would make some sizeable donations. It's not like you don't deserve it. Thanx for all that you do. God Bless
Paul Paver III

Crustyrusty said...

Prayers, Mike

Crusty
III

Anonymous said...


Hang in there, Mike. As long as you're still alive, there is hope. We're praying for you.

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you Mike. Per the glue comment, looks like your sense of humor is in good shape. That counts for a lot!

bloodyspartan said...

I have told you before Mike Start taking Lugols Iodine, All Americans are deficient even according to the goofy UN.

Anonymous said...

Prayers your way, Mike!
And kind thoughts...

gfa