Thursday, January 16, 2014

Movie mogul says new Streep film to make NRA ‘wish they weren’t alive’

Ooooh. Now that's a threat.
Mr. Stern asked Mr. Weinstein on Wednesday whether he owned a gun. The Hollywood heavyweight replied that he did not and never would. “I don’t think we need guns in this country. And I hate it,” the producer said. “I think the NRA is a disaster area.”
Mr. Weinstein then revealed his secret project about the gun rights group. “I shouldn’t say this, but I’ll tell it to you, Howard,” he said. “I’m going to make a movie with Meryl Streep, and we’re going to take this head-on. And they’re going to wish they weren’t alive after I’m done with them.”
Yeah, well, good luck with that.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ho Hum!

Many many moons ago, I remember reading an article in the newspaper about the coming death of the NRA. If I recall the membership numbered around 1.9 million at the time. In fact I still have my "Project 2 Million" commemorative belt buckle.

Several failed gun control initiatives later, NRA has 5 million members. Yep, damn near dead. One can only wonder how many new members this great movie epic will create.

"The report of my death was an exaggeration." -- Mark Twain in the New York Journal of 2 June 1897

Mark Alger said...

Can you say, "Heaven's Gate"?

Sher ya can.

M

Anonymous said...

The only effect I can see such a film having is to increase the polarization that already exists and widen the gap between leftists (most of us here are far more liberal in the classical sense than any of those bozos) and conservatives. I hope the film loses a mega-ton of money. Unfortunately, the critics - leftists to the core most of 'em - will heap enormous praise on the film and it will win multiple People's Choice, Golden Globe and Academy Awards. The score will probably win multiple grammys.

Pete said...

Perhaps a counter screening of "The Eternal Jew", just to make the point that propaganda film has a long and sordid past.
Don't even get me started on "Birth of a Nation".

Paul said...

If he really thinks he can make us all give up our guns he should allow any NRA member a free pass to his documentary. And I use that term loosely as I don't know what he could document.

countenance said...

Three words:

Straight to DVD.

Anonymous said...

Sorry that Harv is embarrassed to be an American, something I am very proud of.

He can take his money, social engineering, and supporters to another civilized country. He will be happier there, and it is easier to move him than all of us.