Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Gun show report. Slow and slower.

Well, like the headline says, the AGCA show on Saturday was slow and Sunday was even slower. We blamed the Saturday turnout on the fact that parking was non-existent due to a "run for breast cancer" which jammed downtown, but on Sunday not even the Baptists came after church. Still, I was able to raise a little more money for the San Antonio trip (mostly by sales to other dealers) and a Threeper stopped by the table and made a generous donation to the gas money fund.
Because I was trying raise money, not spend it, my purchases were modest. Still I was very happy with my score.
For $10.00 I got:
100 Hornady .451 lead balls for Matt's Remington Army CW reproduction revolver.
100 Hornady .36 lead balls for Matt's Colt Navy pistol.
260 .44 gas checks (for reloading .44 Magnum)
200 percussion caps for black powder pistol
For $1.00 I got 98 new bullets of .308 and .256 calibers (have to mike them and weigh them). Most seem to be excellent Barnes specialty bullets of various weights.
For $7.00 I got 50 12 Gauge 2.75" and 3" buckshot shells and slugs. (The shotgun shells were mostly loose, but because I am an inveterate scrounger, I had plenty of empty 5-round boxes to fill. They are already packed away in some 7-pocket USGI Vietnam-era bandoleers and an M19A1 steel can.)
Traded two garden-variety Mossberg 500 field barrels and some parts for one rifled deer slug barrel for Mossberg 500.
Got five Russian 7.62x54R wooden ammo crates for $2.00 each. Each will accommodate two M19A1 "thirty cal." cans for storage of reloads of various calibers.
I also handed out a fair amount of Sipsey Street cards and had a number of profitable discussions with various folks. Despite the low turnout, I had a good - if exhausting - time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suggest that the slowdown you witnessed is the result of the turnip being squeezed dry of all moisture AND blood.

The doubling in price from everything like gasoline and bread, over the last five years, ( not to mention the federal "debt") alongside the fact that wages have not increased at all (unless yer a gubmint "worker ") there comes a point where the money flow simply runs out.

Between illegals sending money out of the country and usurping politicians doing the same with "aid" and dhimmitude oil purchases we should be keeping HERE, the reason for our trouble is crystal clear.

Zombified abject IDIOCY.

Anonymous said...

For that rifled slug barrel I think you have to use sabot slugs, which have a 50-cal slug inside a plastic sabot. The sabot drops off in flight leaving the 50-cal slug flying on to the target. I could be wrong, but I don't think you use regular lead slugs with that barrel.

- Old Greybeard

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got a good deal.
We stopped doing shows in Jan of 2013, because most dealers where gouging peoples eyes out.
Thanks Randall RDA