Thursday, May 2, 2013

Now accepting magazine donations for Colorado civil disobedience.

While the exact arrangements for the Colorado armed civil disobedience are still up in the air, the need for magazines to accomplish it is not. I would like to thank those readers who pointed this out to me by sending me, unsolicited, thirty round AR and AK mags to my PO Box. I am still waiting on a reply from some magazine manufacturers, and no doubt some of them don't want to get involved with a notorious "insurrectionist" as myself. In the meantime, I'm going to take the readers' advice and put out this call for the raw material of civil disobedience. Anything not used in Colorado will be used in other states that have, or will soon will, passed such tyrannical legislation.
Also, a reader commented that Peter Boyles, an announcer on KHOW in Denver, is planning to organize a magazine swap of his own on 2 July. I have been trying to get hold of him via KHOW's email system for some days without success. Would someone kindly try to establish contact on my behalf and refer him to my email address at GeorgeMason1776ATaolDOTcom? If we can't work out a coordinated protest at least I can publicize his in addition to ours.
The address for mailing the magazines is PO Box 926, Pinson, AL 35126. And please, don't send magazines that won't feed, have dents in the body or bent feed lips. I'm not sure it is civil disobedience if it is just scrap that we are going to hand out. Plus, whoever gets your mag -- a fellow Threeper, no doubt -- may one day be betting his or her life upon it. However, feel free to paint or write a suitable sentiment on the side or floor plate of the magazine. Thanks.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any chance the FBI will snag your mail again?? I seem to remember them doing that in the past.

Dutchman6 said...

Haven't had any problems lately. Just send it with no return address if you like.

brunop said...

I donate to lots of things. In this case, it seems like people who want and/or need mags should have been in the business of getting them for quite some time?

Ashrak said...

It would be awesome if that cat making the 3-D mags would donate a case or two. Watched a spot on TV last night and he stood up to the "journalist" nicely.

Anonymous said...

Right on Mike. The only right lost is the one not exercised.

Liberty Clause: makin' a list and checking it twice...

Anonymous said...

Mike, I'll find you and pass a couple dozen to ya there.

Anonymous said...

So, how is it that by donating mags (currently cost about $30.00+ each IF you can find them) it will constitute some kind of effective civil disobedience?

I must've missed a previous post or something.

Anonymous said...

I talked to Greg Hollenback at KHOW yesterday. 303-713-8255. He said send him another email to his first name at khow.com. They screen the emails and will get in touch if interested. He said they will ignore it if they aren't interested. I sent him an email with a link to this post... Hopefully you'll hear from them.

Anonymous said...

Anony, there was a link to MV's previous column explaining the project right in the first sentence. And brunop, the point isn't to supply mags, it's to publicly defy the evil "law." Now are we going to support MV on this or does he have to do it all himself while all we do is post comments on a forum he gives us? Anybody have an idea what it takes for him to travel? And when was the last time we donated for a voluntary SSI subscription, if ever?