Saturday, March 16, 2013

I love it.

"Flood them with junk."
Here's how screwy these things are.
I was the first one in line. I had my still functional but quite rusty Black Powder rifle stripped of glass, mounts, sling, and anything else I could get off of it. The two officers at the door who were making guns safe took 3 minutes to figure out the proper zip tie configuration to render it safe. Once inside the "firearms expert" took my gun and hollered to the back, "Are we seriously taking BPs, cause that's not what this is for." I calmly said, "Your press release said you you would pay $100 for functioning rifles. It functions and I would like my $100 please." He snapped his head back to me with a snarl on his face. I responded by putting my hand out and giving him an I'm waiting look. I then asked for 2-50s and left.
I am taking the nullification route with these things. Flood them with junk and buy new guns/ammo with the profit.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

so showing up with 100 fresh made zip guns qualifies?

the profit potential beckons.

Sgt Survival said...

Mike,
Last year a friend of mine's organization, Guns Save Life, did this on a much larger scale. They used the money they collected to fund a youth shooting camp. AND they did it in Chicago of all places. Check it out...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/06/daniel-zimmerman/guns-save-life-uses-chicago-buyback-send-kids-nra-gun-camp/

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-07-02/news/ct-met-gun-buyback-backfire-0702-20120702_1_pro-gun-group-bb-gun-safety-and-marksmanship

Paul X said...

I had a friend who once put a functioning "shotgun" together with a piece of pipe, a nail, a spring and other assorted bits, and went to the gun turn-in in Portland. He got paid too. Even got a picture of a lady cop inspecting his gun. He wrote up the experience in the local gunny newsletter.

Anonymous said...

And did these people have FFLs? How did they do legal firearms transfers?

Anonymous said...

I like the earlier comment (and seen at other buy back posts) - stand outside across the street and offer more $$$ then the po-po for good functional guns.

B Woodman
III-PER

Anonymous said...

dont be in too big a hurry to turn in that Black Powder rifle..mosty the flint lock type, as it is going lately, It might be the only protection weapon you have at the end of it all..especally the way primers, powder, and projectiles are concerned.

I know for a fact I can make everything I need to keep my BP equipment up and running long after running out of modern ammo

if nothing more but to use as a food getter, or defensive tool when all these rubes use up thier ammo playing weekend warrior

pink Floyd said...

but those $100 bills come from "we the people"! I don't see the benefit of voluntarily relinquishing your firearms, no matter what condition, and at the same time robbing the tax-payer.