Sunday, March 14, 2010

Praxis: AR praxis site & from same, a good idea for storing parts.

From Irregular Pat. H. comes this praxis suggestion.

Mike,

A suggested Praxis resource. For AR's, the Weapons Evolution fora of "Stickman" in general and his How-to Guide section in particular.

Also, as someone who's been a proponent of the 7.62NATO for years, I finally broke down my AR resistance when I did a study of the new, high performance rounds for the standard AR form factor. I now own a lightweight, modular, easy to maintain carbine in 6.5 Grendel. It has one drawback, ammo expense. It has approximately three times the power of an 5.56NATO round, about double the recoil at 9-10 ft. lbs, the 7.62NATO is around 18 ft. lbs and that's on a rifle that weighs 12 pounds. The 6.5G extends the AR's typical combat engagement range by at least 200 meters, in other words, it competes very well with the 7.62NATO in that regard, but only weighs 7.5 pounds with optical sights. I still have my FAL and M14s (like your China Doll), but carry the AR 6.5G. See here.


Here's an example of one of the useful items over there.







I have a similar set-up for the small arms specific tools and repair parts sets and I have picked up the small parts boxes as above of a certain size small enough to fit in a GI tool bag so I can grab and go.

Mike
III

4 comments:

angry settler said...

Gibbs : Health Care bill to be law of the land by next sunday...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/14/robert-gibbs-health-care_n_498370.html

Anonymous said...

hmm maybe I'll keep those 2 dozen
little empty coffee jars...

Anonymous said...

hmm maybe I'll keep those 2 dozen
little empty coffee jars...

Anonymous said...

hmm maybe I'll keep those 2 dozen
little empty coffee jars...